PDA

View Full Version : Need Help in RI!

BKM
07-30-2013, 04:00 PM
This is a very long shot.

Around noon today, I left my month old Minelab Safari on the side of the road on Vernon St in Warwick, RI.

Hard to believe but true.

I needed to leave quickly and was thinking about how I needed to get out asap to pick up my son from daycare and leaned the machine up against the side of the car, put my digger, probe, gloves, hat and belt in the trunk and drove off. It wasn't until 4 hours later that I realized what I did. I can't tell you how much this kind of $ means to someone with a new baby....

All you RI and nearby Mass people please keep and eye and ear out for me please!

del
07-30-2013, 04:49 PM
:shocked03: :wow: I found pinpointers before but never a whole detector

OxShoeDrew
07-30-2013, 06:36 PM
Oh my, very sorry to hear it Brian. We need to keep our eyes on internet selling sites. I hope it turns up. :crossfingers:

coinnut
07-30-2013, 06:46 PM
Did you try and contact the local police to see if anyone brought it there by some slim chance? Do you (or who you bought it from) have a serial number we can check on, if we see it for sale? I would also contact Minelab and see if they keep a stolen serial number list, for when a machine comes in for repairs. I would post a letter on that tree with what happened and a number they can reach you at ( or an E mail address) Just some thoughts. :thinkingabout:

BKM
07-30-2013, 07:47 PM
Oh my, very sorry to hear it Brian. We need to keep our eyes on internet selling sites. I hope it turns up. :crossfingers:

Hey Drew, major, major downer to say the least. I don't have to tell you what a machine like that means on a teacher's salary....

BKM
07-30-2013, 07:48 PM
Did you try and contact the local police to see if anyone brought it there by some slim chance? Do you (or who you bought it from) have a serial number we can check on, if we see it for sale? I would also contact Minelab and see if they keep a stolen serial number list, for when a machine comes in for repairs. I would post a letter on that tree with what happened and a number they can reach you at ( or an E mail address) Just some thoughts. :thinkingabout:

I did contact the local PD as well as the local Pawn Shops. Good idea on the serial number, I still have the paperwork, will check for serial # and contact seller if needed.

OxShoeDrew
07-31-2013, 12:54 PM
I have an extra T2 if you need it. You're a Fisher guy, so not much learning. Let me know.

lee
07-31-2013, 07:42 PM
bloody hell drew mate , that is so nice of you...........see....thats why i come here , you people are bloody loverly :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: i would take a bullet for any of ya !!!!!! :boxing:

BKM
08-01-2013, 07:25 AM
Just a followup, the serial # on the stolen Safari is 40424500058.

I spoke with a claims agent from my insurance company. I might hear back from them today in regards to my claim. IF, and I feel it's a big if, but if they cover it at least I'll get some cash back minus the $500 deductible. We'll see. :crossfingers:

Will send you an email Drew, you're the best thumbsup01

RobW
08-01-2013, 09:01 AM
That sucks :-\

I feel your pain, about 15 years ago I had 2 detectors stolen out of my car. I was young and poor at the time and didn't have the money to get back into the hobby for about another 5 years.

BKM
08-01-2013, 10:08 AM
Good news to report :)

I just heard from my insurance company and they're cutting a check for the detector. It won't cover a new one after he $500 deductible but it'll go a long way towards it at least.

Tony Two-Cent
08-01-2013, 10:24 AM
Good news to report :)

I just heard from my insurance company and they're cutting a check for the detector. It won't cover a new one after he $500 deductible but it'll go a long way towards it at least.

That is good news! |:cheering:

I'm glad that that part of it worked our for you, at least. :yes:

BKM
08-01-2013, 06:50 PM
The machine is back! :omg:

I got a call an hour ago from a woman who found my machine. :bananadance:

She was leaving town on Tuesday for a couple of nights and saw it sitting on the side of the road. She threw it in her trunk thinking it was a weed whacker and didn't think of it until she got home tonight. When she did, she saw her neighborhood plastered in my signs and called. :beerbuddy:

So, so happy.

coinnut
08-01-2013, 07:14 PM
That is awesome :clapping: Here's to some good people left in this world :beerbuddy:

del
08-01-2013, 07:20 PM
well we've all seen pictures of detectorists handing over a ring they found for someone , how about a picture of the person who found the detector and handing it over the its rightful owner ?? lol lol that would be a bit different , huh . ;)

your lucky there are still some honest people out there , congrats on getting your machine back |:cheering:

aloldstuff
08-01-2013, 07:48 PM
A sad story with a very happy ending. Be thankful for the good people still out there.

BKM
08-02-2013, 06:08 AM
well we've all seen pictures of detectorists handing over a ring they found for someone , how about a picture of the person who found the detector and handing it over the its rightful owner ?? lol lol that would be a bit different , huh . ;)

your lucky there are still some honest people out there , congrats on getting your machine back |:cheering:

Ugh...I wish I'd thought of that. That would have been a great picture but she came and went in a flash.