PDA

View Full Version : Having trouble with minelab and $150 coupon

Spike
05-04-2010, 08:19 PM
Bought na E-trac and it came with a $150 coupon to use for Minelab accessories. Well the only thing I needed for it and isn't realy needed, but can be used- is a battery and car charger. Well that was 3 months ago, and still on back order- so I called and they said they didn't know when or if they will be available. They said would give me a 1600 instead of the 1800 I originally asked for- well since I really don't need either one and the E-trac coil is great, that doesn't leave much else to pick from. So I asked if they would just refund me the $150 and they wouldn't do that either. I am so mad that they make such a great detector and their service is so bad!! That it is going to hurt them and to be honest- if I knew then what I know now, I dont think I would stray from the unbeatable service of Whites. I hope that anyone that is in the same boat as me calls and lets them know that they need to take care of their customers a lot better, and let them know that people are talking about this on the internet!! If we all let them hear it maybe it will help. They say the factory is moving- but as far as I am concerned, that is not my problem and is no excuse for not being prepaired and leaving customers hanging! So please call and let them know how you feel and that you are not the only one!

coinnut
05-04-2010, 09:21 PM
Minelab hasn't learned that lesson yet lol They are used to creeping up on White's and they have a good arsenal of detectors now, so they don't feel threatened. But there will be a time when White's or someone else takes back their market share and the will realize how important good customer relations and service is. For now, I would wait it out and either take the 1600 or wait for the better 1800 battery pack. It is a good thing to have since their batteries take a day and a half to recharge :rolleyes: I'm sure they read the forums, but that corporate IBM attitude is hard to break, that is until Mr. Gates comes along! rofl

1147SILVER
11-15-2010, 03:49 AM
Gary schafer at minelab was the #3 man at microsoft see if you can get his email adress and fire an email to him calmly and he will work to help you. I had a bad experience with a safari and he took good care of me leave your contact information and someone will get back to you Gary runs the usa part of mine lab

1147 silver steve

Lowjiber
11-15-2010, 07:50 AM
Gary schafer at minelab was the #3 man at microsoft see if you can get his email adress and fire an email to him calmly and he will work to help you. I had a bad experience with a safari and he took good care of me leave your contact information and someone will get back to you Gary runs the usa part of mine lab
Here's Gary Schafer's mailing address from a corporate document filed by Minelab in Arizona in Sept 2010. Sorry, I couldn't find his personal phone number.

GARY P SCHAFER
VICE-PRESIDENT
2777 FINLEY RD
DOWNERS GROVE,IL 60515