PDA

View Full Version : Silver coin Napoleon

Johan K
08-03-2013, 01:36 PM
While cleaning my car after the holliday-trip in France, I found the little bag of my other old founds in France. Not that spectacular, bur nice to show you all. I found a noice silver coin, Napoleon 1810. Musketballs, other old French coins 17th and 18th century. The grounds where I was swinging my coil is mediėval and Celtic. I knew that the Celtic-people had ring-money for trading. When I found these strange rings, I could'nt put them in my trash-bag Still don't know what they are. And I found a aluminium coin, 1949 French. Just like in Holland where I live, it was forbidden by the Germans during the 2nd WW, to use copper/bronze or other metalls because the Germans confiscated all these metalls to make bullets etc. Nice piece of history. Glad you guys came over haha ::usaflag:: Well, enjoy the pic's !

del
08-03-2013, 05:12 PM
Johan , the history behind that coin is very cool . the last time the French were a real superpower in Europe . thanks for showing it |:cheering: |:cheering:

Dan

Johan K
08-04-2013, 02:00 PM
Johan , the history behind that coin is very cool . the last time the French were a real superpower in Europe . thanks for showing it |:cheering: |:cheering:

Dan

That's right. This coin was made while Napoleon the 1st (the famous Bonaparte...yeah, the little guy) was emperor, who lost the big battle in Waterloo. He's responsable for having housenumbers en areacodes, getting money from the state when you got children (childsupport ?) These coins a quite rare. Today we use many words that have French roots.

aloldstuff
08-05-2013, 05:11 AM
Very nice post, always love to learn some more history. We would be tickled to death to find that coin over here.

Tony Two-Cent
08-05-2013, 08:46 AM
Fascinating finds, Johan! Thank you for sharing them with us. :yes:

We definitely don't find coins and relics like those here in the US.

:congrats:

leslie(nova scotia)
08-14-2013, 06:57 AM
From the land of the Bluenose.....thanks for posting. Now is the time to clean up the sofa and such....never know what is there. Take care. <;)

tanacat
08-15-2013, 08:26 AM
:perfect10: :perfect10:

Great finds! Love the 1810 coin and nice relics. Thanks for sharing some history too :waving:

milco
08-17-2013, 04:18 PM
Very cool finds!!

coinnut
08-18-2013, 05:20 PM
Great assortment of finds. :clapping: Is that a wire stand that you have a coin on to take the picture. I like that idea thumbsup01 Did you guys ever find a way to date the round balls (musket balls)? Wish there was a way to tell how old they really are.

swamp yankee
08-18-2013, 10:36 PM
While cleaning my car after the holliday-trip in France, I found the little bag of my other old founds in France. Not that spectacular, bur nice to show you all. I found a noice silver coin, Napoleon 1810. Musketballs, other old French coins 17th and 18th century. The grounds where I was swinging my coil is mediėval and Celtic. I knew that the Celtic-people had ring-money for trading. When I found these strange rings, I could'nt put them in my trash-bag Still don't know what they are. And I found a aluminium coin, 1949 French. Just like in Holland where I live, it was forbidden by the Germans during the 2nd WW, to use copper/bronze or other metalls because the Germans confiscated all these metalls to make bullets etc. Nice piece of history. Glad you guys came over haha ::usaflag:: Well, enjoy the pic's !
Congrats on the great bunch of finds and may you find lots more to show us! Good luck and HH...

giant056
08-30-2013, 04:04 AM
Great bunch of finds you got there :congrats: very interesting history on the 1810 silver, really nice coin.

OxShoeDrew
09-13-2013, 05:23 PM
Thank you Johan for the interesting post. That 1810 is a real looker :shocked03: