PDA

View Full Version : 1854 Seated dime today!

Rgorman
08-04-2013, 06:28 PM
Finally got out today... its been a month! thumbsup01 Headed to an old picnic grounds that Joe and I have hunted before on several occasions. I had a little luck today and found myself an 1854 seated dime. In 10 years of dectecting that is the oldest dime I've ever found. It's wore pretty bad, but you can still see the date. So I'm satisfied just finding it. Found eight other wheats, nothing wonderful, but all in all I had a good day out. It felt good holding the machine again. We wanted to post a picture of it, but between my wife and I, it didn't work out very well as you can tell, NO PICTURE! But just wanted to share my news. Thanks for reading.

coinnut
08-04-2013, 06:33 PM
Nice score on the seated dime :clapping: Worn or not it is old. My first seated dime was worn pretty bad. Probably lost in the 20's or 30's, but I didn't care. lol Hope you get a picture up soon. If we can help you out on posting it let us know. Usually it is the size of the picture that needs to be reduced before it can be posted. Great find :congrats:

Tony Two-Cent
08-04-2013, 07:23 PM
Wow, that is a super old dime! Huge congrats on the terrific find, Ron! :wow:

An 1854 should have arrows at the date too. I can't wait to see photos of it, worn or not!

The oldest dime I've found is 1857 so you beat me by three years. thumbsup01

Man, that old picnic grounds must be a great site to hunt. I hope you and Joe find many more goodies there!

:congrats:

aloldstuff
08-05-2013, 05:01 AM
Even after 10 years the finds are still great. :congrats: on your oldest dime (for now). Old picnic grounds seem to hold the goodies.

Hope we can see the picture

dave in iowa
08-05-2013, 01:29 PM
Great find Ron, what has become of Joe?

OxShoeDrew
08-05-2013, 02:18 PM
A month?? :shocked04:verreaction: Well, I'm glad you got out and scored old! <: