PDA

View Full Version : Minelab Pro Swing

RobW
08-06-2013, 03:21 PM
I've never seen one of these before, but I was playing around on our sponsors website and saw under Minelab accessories the Pro Swing...which appears to be a harness system for weightless swinging...whatever that means....anyone ever use one?

http://www.bigboyshobbies.net/minelab-metal-detectors?cat=15

I'm assuming it's ok to post this link since it's a sponsor's

Tony Two-Cent
08-06-2013, 03:35 PM
Perfectly fine to post, Rob! |:cheering:

The Pro-Swing 45 is a new product from Minelab, it was just introduced a few days ago. I personally don't know anyone who has used one yet.

Here is a video that demonstrates the Pro-Swing 45:

Minelab PRO-SWING 45 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGsjdlZL0e4&sns=em#ws)

RobW
08-07-2013, 07:58 AM
Thanks for posting the video

1) It looks too cumbersome and complicated, hook and unhook each time you have to dig....that's a PITA..especially for as many holes as I dig in a hunt.

2) I love how they make our hobby look cool...show me where a) you can pick up women doing this B) she wears a white shirt to detect in..really?....tell me these aren't paid ACTORS.... lol

Tony Two-Cent
08-07-2013, 08:13 AM
I agree that it might be rather cumbersome, and wouldn't be for everyone.

However, to someone with a shoulder injury it could mean the difference between being able to detect and not being able to detect.

z118
08-07-2013, 08:36 AM
2) I love how they make our hobby look cool...show me where a) you can pick up women doing this B) she wears a white shirt to detect in..really?....tell me these aren't paid ACTORS.... lol

You must be doing it wrong; babes are all over me when I detect. And I have to imagine that harness would only make me even more of a chick magnet. Frankly, that's more distraction I just don't need!

lol

RobW
08-07-2013, 01:03 PM
Yeah..I have to say even the people they got in the vid are young and good looking...how unreal is that!

I've seen most of your mugs...maybe Todd the pretty boy might fit that description...but he rest of us :barf:...but I love you all :grouphug:.... lol

del
08-07-2013, 01:40 PM
Yeah..I have to say even the people they got in the vid are young and good looking...how unreal is that!

<} lol lol

I've seen most of your mugs...maybe Todd the pretty boy might fit that description...but he rest of us :barf:...but I love you all :grouphug:.... lol

Todd Prettyboy Hiltzy :thinkingabout: :thinkingabout: I must say it does have a certain ring to it. rofl
must be why HEAVYMETALNUT always makes him knock on doors lol lol

Bell-Two
08-07-2013, 02:38 PM

When I detect I have this cute girl following me all the time :smitten:....it's my wife Diane and she is busy scarfing up all the signals I missed and Tony Two Cent can vouch for her cuteness! :perfect10:

Fire Fighter 43
08-07-2013, 02:45 PM
I used a similar bungie system for many years before I finally had surgery on my shoulder. If it would not have been for the bungie I would not have been able to make it more than a few hours a day. Minelab has added a few features to their new harness that I think will make it the best system out there. One of the things I always wanted was a quick way to detach myself from the detector and it looks like they have that. I also like the idea of being able to attach all you tools to the harness. IMHO, A very well thought out design. Our sponsor Big Boy Hobbies list the price at $129.

chief5709
08-08-2013, 01:36 PM
I was waiting for Austin Powers to appear in the video :twirlingeyes:

coinnut
08-08-2013, 06:53 PM
Eventually, we will all need one :( I'm never giving up even if I have to get one of those exoskeleton suits :shocked04: Then I can hit them not so nice parks, even at night :beatdown: If they could only figure out a better way to separate from the unit. Maybe a rare earth magnet with a push button release lol

Boulder
08-08-2013, 09:31 PM
Seems like a well constructed and useful product, just a tad pricey for me.
Wonder if it comes in XXL men's sizes? LOL.
There are cheaper units out there, but you get what you pay for.
I'll research it again when it should drop in price during the holidays.