PDA

View Full Version : My meager finds from the battle of broken knee

HEAVYMETALNUT
08-08-2013, 10:42 AM
:hysterical: finally got around to cleaning my meager finds from the detecting day from hell.
a busted tombac button that had a design on it,a small ball button,a plain flatty,a pewter spoon bowl & a broken victorian era womens (collar?) sash type buckle.the bar below the buckle was attached to the sash but loops broke.came out of hole in 2 pieces.my knee is half the size of a football now and hobbling around.i may have torn my meniscus the dr said :embarrassed:

del
08-08-2013, 11:22 AM
this is what you chipped a knee cap and torn your miniscus for :eyebrow: just shameful Dave \:hammer: I would of expected you doing the great bodily harm to yourself only running away or defending some rare precious coppers from the coin starving hoards or at the very least a couple of jealous detecting buddies like Todd and Johnny blaze (aka Phil Simms) ;). better heal up fast my friend :yes:

HEAVYMETALNUT
08-08-2013, 12:48 PM
this is what you chipped a knee cap and torn your miniscus for :eyebrow: just shameful Dave \:hammer: I would of expected you doing the great bodily harm to yourself only running away or defending some rare precious coppers from the coin starving hoards or at the very least a couple of jealous detecting buddies like Todd and Johnny blaze (aka Phil Simms) ;). better heal up fast my friend :yes:

its not all treasure dan,sometimes it's the thrill of the hunt.in my case it was a spill >:tongue:

HEAVYMETALNUT
08-08-2013, 12:51 PM
Dan,how old are these tiny ball buttons? once in awhile one pops out.never get a definitive answer on when these were used along with the zuoave ball buttons,this little guy looks much more primitive that the mid 1800's style Z-buttons

del
08-08-2013, 12:58 PM
Dave does that one even look like it had a back to it ?? some don't but most do . the ones that do are the newer types early to mid 1800's but the open end ones are colonial.

Bell-Two
08-08-2013, 01:08 PM
Well never let it be said that Metal Detecting is not a contact sport :stretcher:

Are you going to be listed like the NFL....PUP....physically unable to perform? :white:usaflag::

Lodge Scent
08-08-2013, 02:32 PM
Awww man, that is a bummer Dave!

You know I recently heard of this clinic in Florida...Biogenisis or something like that...ask Alex Rodriquez, he'll know :beatdown: .....supposedly heals you up real quick....you'll be swinging the coil like an 18 year older in no time :happydance01:

HEAVYMETALNUT
08-08-2013, 02:40 PM
you guys are too funny! <}

Lodge Scent
08-08-2013, 03:39 PM
You are a good sport Dave. It is also a sign of respect. When the king is down, that's when you pounce lol

HEAVYMETALNUT
08-08-2013, 04:34 PM
You are a good sport Dave. It is also a sign of respect. When the king is down, that's when you pounce lol

oh wait till the video comes out..i'm sure there will be more pouncing. >:tongue:

coinnut
08-08-2013, 06:28 PM
oh wait till the video comes out..i'm sure there will be more pouncing. >:tongue:

:-> :-> Bring on the video :pirate:

HEAVYMETALNUT
08-08-2013, 08:31 PM
:-> :-> Bring on the video :pirate:

yeah todd ...quit dilly dallying will ya? maybe it's taking him forever to BLEEP out all the F-Bombs in the aftermath

coinnut
08-08-2013, 08:34 PM
I wanna see some tears :crying02: lol Maybe it's easier just to play it without sound... Or maybe run a three stooges track to it :thinkingabout:

HEAVYMETALNUT
08-09-2013, 08:23 AM
I wanna see some tears :crying02: lol Maybe it's easier just to play it without sound... Or maybe run a three stooges track to it :thinkingabout:

:bop: :behave: