PDA

View Full Version : A couple recent finds with Lee

ChrisinCT
08-10-2013, 12:52 PM
Lee took me to some old foundations he had found.
Not sure how old but we suspect they were in use till the later 1800's.
They don't look like homesites more like some sort of work site being there are no chimneys located there.
Any how I found this tin shield and glove laying next to each other only a few feet from some water shoot foundation type thing?
As you can see the shield has what looks to be an alligator skin pattern to it.
There Re little slots cut in to hold what would have been a pair of gloves and two lower holes that we can only speculate either held a sword or crest?
I searched the general area for the missing pieces but didn't find them.
On the back ofthe shield in the upper corners there is some corrosion which leads me to believe that this was attached to something larger but who knows what that may have been or what the purpose of this was? Decoration perhaps?

After leaving there due to mosquitoes Lee took me to a home built in 1693.
My first two signals were a pair of seated dimes 1850/1875
Thought for sure finding two silvers straight away that we were going to be digging silvers all afternoon but sadly only the pair was to be found.
Lee found some sweet buttons and a couple other relics that he posted the other day.
Other than junk I did find a really nice old button the reads ISB co on the front.
it does have bench marks on the back but I can not find my jewelry loop so I can't read what they are.
I tried posting a picture of the button but my phone doesn't take good clear images that small.

Any how thanks for looking, Thanks Lee

OxShoeDrew
08-10-2013, 02:19 PM
Wow :shocked01: interesting stuff. How big are those things? ....and a pair of seated dimes?? :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

del
08-10-2013, 03:07 PM
:omg: what is with the double seated lately :perfect10: :perfect10: huge congrats Chris very cool finds :clapping: :clapping:

angellionel
08-10-2013, 08:22 PM
Excellent finds! Congrats! :clapping:

ChrisinCT
08-11-2013, 07:29 AM
Wow :shocked01: interesting stuff. How big are those things?

That's what she said. :twirlingeyes:

lee
08-11-2013, 01:10 PM
That's what she said. :twirlingeyes:

ha ha ha ha ....plonker !!!!
that sheild is a great find mate and the 2 seated wow.

ChrisinCT
08-11-2013, 05:46 PM
Wow :shocked01: interesting stuff. How big are those things? ....and a pair of seated dimes?? :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

The shield measures roughly 8 X7 and the glove is 3 3/4

aloldstuff
08-12-2013, 04:43 AM
Great finds and double seated...... :wow:

ChrisinCT
08-23-2013, 05:49 PM
Here another photo hopefully better.