PDA

View Full Version : DFX hunt

yazoo
05-05-2010, 06:53 AM
This was a bad weekend for me hunting wise but met some good people to make it a good time.First off I broke my Garretts pro pin pointer by stupidity on Thursday the day before leaving. Sent it off to be fixed,won't go into the act of breaking it.I used a 15 year old bulls eye that works part of the time for the hunt. Got to the hunt late on Friday afternoon, After a few concerns with my bad heart I finally got started being very limited on how far I could walk, so going to the bottom and older area's was out of the question being down hill and a half mile away.I met Tana she be a funny girl that makes your day to talk to.There was my other hunting buddies Magic ,Amy,Kevin,And Freddy who was my copilot .I met IlDigger,Goose a nice older feller ,Don the feller who helped put it on and ran his rear off,Steve the owner of the DFX site that puts it together,he seems to be a mighty nice feller.Sheep Lady And Shrecky,there was quite a few others I met along with one IDIOT.Like they say there is one in every crowd. On day two woke up looking at great day .Get out of the hotel room almost drop my detector,when I get a grip on it I see I had broke the trigger off of my V3, bummer. Go on to the site and meet up with others going to make the best out of a bad day.There for a while and My buddy Magic comes over and says his back was acting up and wanted to know if I would keep his V3 warmed up in hunting mode for awhile.After talking for a bit I used his detector for a few hours. Not many people like Magic and Freddy, Went up for the BBQ dinner that was mighty good. While there at the prize give away,I get the first prize a Whites detector bag.That was 1 of many objects donated by Jimmy Sierra, Thanks Jimmy. Now for my take 1 Swiss Army Knife,a little metal dog, a scout pin,neckerchief slide, 2 wheats and almost 6 bucks in change, No silver though, but not from lack of trying. Thanks to all. And it was a great time,hoping to be able to do it again . H.H. Yazoo

coinnut
05-05-2010, 07:07 AM
Even though it started off pretty bad, you did have a great time. Not a lot of people found silver from what I've read, so it wasn't just you lol It sounds like a lot of nice people got together and had some fun. You did get a lot of change which is what everyone else dug. What, did these kids just go to camp and lose all of their change? lol The Boyscouts may be prepared, but they can't seem to hold on to their money rofl Glad you had a good finish, and I have broken my trigger on my DFX before. It's really hard to use with out it :ticked:

hoser
05-05-2010, 10:55 AM
Yazoo those hunts are a blast. And meeting all those folks is just the icing on the cake. You made some great finds there bud, big congrats. What kind of shape was the knife in? You gonna go next year if they have one? You got that right about the work Don and Steve put into these hunts. Congrats on the first prize too. thumbsup01 So there was one questionable guy there this year EH. Hey it happens almost every year. :huh: Glad you had a good time.

tanacat
05-05-2010, 08:39 PM
I met Tana she be a funny girl that makes your day to talk to.

Aw shux~ thanks :rolleyes: It was nice to finally meet you in person. Next hunt should be better- sounds like a 'calgon take me away' kind of weekend for you... but still had fun :yes:

Good luck with trigger switch (btw mine keeps sticking- thought maybe the moisture from all the rain >:\)