PDA

View Full Version : CELLAR HOLE HUNT REDEMPTION*1721 TWO REALE PISTAREEN

HEAVYMETALNUT
08-11-2013, 09:44 PM
Fellow Nor'Easter detecting member Allyson (also known in her blogs as the detecting diva) wanted to go on a cellar hole hunt with Todd & myself.1st 2 sites were hit and pretty well.i nabbed a few buttons & 2 nice colonial strap hinges.the 3 rd site is where I redeemed myself from last weeks heavymetalputz incident with the white faced hornets & cracking my knee.My knees still a little sore but after walking awhile it seemed to loosen up so,maybe i did something good by getting out of the house and walking on it.
got a nice signal at 3 inches,in the hole I see a large thin silver :shocked03:
now ya don't see these much up north,I see quite a few dug in Virginia and had always wanted one.
a 1721 two reale silver pistareen.
never seen this backmark on the earlier 2 pice button? M.Sandland? and the brass thing with half holes? some sort of bird shot lead mold is all i can think of :confused:

Bell-Two
08-11-2013, 10:43 PM
Beautiful old silver ..wow! Nice relics, are those suspender buckles with rings attached?..Never saw any like that.

del
08-12-2013, 12:04 AM
:wow: what extremes , violated by insects one week to finding sweet spanish silver the next :perfect10: well done my friend ;)

your still considering about giving up the hobby right lol lol

OxShoeDrew
08-12-2013, 02:46 AM
Heavymetalputz lol
I'm glad you're doing better and back at it again.
Beautiful old silver :drool:

RobW
08-12-2013, 07:43 AM
:loveit: :loveit: :loveit: :loveit:....simply stunning....

Hey, I thought you quit this %^&*...... lol

HEAVYMETALNUT
08-12-2013, 08:07 AM
Beautiful old silver ..wow! Nice relics, are those suspender buckles with rings attached?..Never saw any like that.

thanks! yep every so often I find em with the rings still on them

coinnut
08-12-2013, 09:30 AM
Nice looking silver :loveit: That is one beauty. Very rich looking site from the quality of the finds. Them buttons are sweet too. Can't call you limpy any longer lol

Lodge Scent
08-12-2013, 07:21 PM
Dave, I think that IS a bird shot mold and a VERY cool find :congrats: Other stuff is nice too thumbsup01

HEAVYMETALNUT
08-13-2013, 11:47 PM
interesting read on the pistareen http://numismatics.org/wikiuploads/CNL/Pistareens.pdf

Epi-hunter
08-14-2013, 12:18 AM
That is a beautiful, amazing coin Dave. :perfect10: You definitely redeemed yourself! (It's a good thing, because the forum name Heavymetalputz just doesn't have the same ring to it. :poke: lol ) You are a diehard detectorist for sure!!!

del
08-14-2013, 02:44 AM
That is a beautiful, amazing coin Dave. :perfect10: You definitely redeemed yourself! (It's a good thing, because the forum name Heavymetalputz just doesn't have the same ring to it. :poke: lol ) You are a diehard detectorist for sure!!!

well I don't know about that Angie , maybe we could take a vote or poll on that . how about it Dave :poke: :poke: lol lol

aloldstuff
08-14-2013, 05:42 AM
Okay this hunt gave you total redemption. :congrats: on a great looking silver coin and glad to see that you are feeling better.

HEAVYMETALNUT
08-14-2013, 06:40 AM
thanks everyone! no poll please! \:hammer:

tanacat
08-15-2013, 09:07 PM
:perfect10:

On some outstanding finds and also surviving those hornets Dave- so sorry to hear you busted your knee in the process. As often as you guys are in the woods, have you run into many swarms? I already told you about my run-in with the yellow jackets last week, which still itch like >:/ How many stings did you end up with?

Congrats again on the 1721 pistareen it looks beautiful up there on the banner thumbsup01

del
08-16-2013, 10:53 AM
interesting read on the pistareen http://numismatics.org/wikiuploads/CNL/Pistareens.pdf

good info Dave thumbsup01

HEAVYMETALNUT
08-16-2013, 08:49 PM
:perfect10:

On some outstanding finds and also surviving those hornets Dave- so sorry to hear you busted your knee in the process. As often as you guys are in the woods, have you run into many swarms? I already told you about my run-in with the yellow jackets last week, which still itch like >:/ How many stings did you end up with?

Congrats again on the 1721 pistareen it looks beautiful up there on the banner thumbsup01

Thanks Tana! yeah unfortunately i had a few run ins with yellow jackets,never these demons until now..i think they got me like 5 times.they got me in the arms and my butt.i was gimping around scratchin too lol

Tony Two-Cent
08-23-2013, 08:26 AM
I could stare at that 1721 Two Reales all day! :loveit:

What an incredible old silver coin!

Huge congrats on that spectacular find, Dave! |:confused:)

Dirt Fisher
08-24-2013, 08:15 AM
Those finds are awesome Dave. I failed to see the Spanish coin on facebook. I will have to go back and look.

swamp yankee
08-24-2013, 04:03 PM
Fellow Nor'Easter detecting member Allyson (also known in her blogs as the detecting diva) wanted to go on a cellar hole hunt with Todd & myself.1st 2 sites were hit and pretty well.i nabbed a few buttons & 2 nice colonial strap hinges.the 3 rd site is where I redeemed myself from last weeks heavymetalputz incident with the white faced hornets & cracking my knee.My knees still a little sore but after walking awhile it seemed to loosen up so,maybe i did something good by getting out of the house and walking on it.
got a nice signal at 3 inches,in the hole I see a large thin silver :shocked03:
now ya don't see these much up north,I see quite a few dug in Virginia and had always wanted one.
a 1721 two reale silver pistareen.
never seen this backmark on the earlier 2 pice button? M.Sandland? and the brass thing with half holes? some sort of bird shot lead mold is all i can think of :confused:
Congrats on the great 2 Real piece and the other finds! Like your fellow diggers,they brought you luck(good this time)HH .....