PDA

View Full Version : Sierra Seated times two ! Plus lots more !

PL8MAN
08-11-2013, 10:56 PM
What a trip we had ! This place I have been hunting near my parents cabin in the Sierras keeps giving up the old silver ! I hunted twice while we were on vacation . The first was an evening hunt till it was dark , not much found , clad and a broken junk kids ring . The next morning my son , Carson and I got out early at 630 am and hit it hard . My son was the first to strike silver . He had a +77 at 2 inches and out popped a sweet 1928S Merc . He was grinning ear to ear :grin: . Then I got a +24 at 3 inches , a 1944P silver war nickel . We were both on the board . Then it happened , a crazy mixed up target at 7 inches . It was +28 , +45 , +68 , +72 , it was everywhere but kept repeating . I know from the past at this location to dig a target like this . I got down to the target and I saw silver in the pile of dirt . Not any silver but the oldest coin I had ever found at this place . It was a 1875 Seated dime :shocked04: ! My son and I were going crazy . Then I stated to fill the hole in and as I did I had another high tone , Seated number two ! A 1891 Seated dime ! My first ever Seated spill ! So I checked again and on the side of the hole at 9 inches another high tone , +72 . The third and final coin of the spill was a 1908 Indian cent ! I think it will be a long time before I top this one ! The next coin went to my son , a 1949S wheat at 2 inches . After that we found some clad and were ready to head back to the cabin when I got a screaming +92 at 2 inches . One more silver coin for the hunt , a 1946S Washington quarter . What a hunt we had . We are going to try and get back for one more hunt this year before it gets to cold , maybe more silver is waiting . thumbsup01
HH
Glen

aloldstuff
08-12-2013, 04:50 AM
Great hunting, I would move to that area. Don't see many seated spills... :congrats:

tanacat
08-12-2013, 03:13 PM
:wow: What a great hunt!!! :cheering: :clapping:

Very nice your son hunts with you |:cheering: Looking forward to my almost 6 yr old getting the fever lol I bought him a White's Coinmaster w/a pee-wee pole but it's still a bit awkward for his little arms... how old is your son again?

Rondoutcreek
08-12-2013, 04:58 PM
Nice !!!! GREAT FINDS

PL8MAN
08-12-2013, 05:41 PM
:wow: What a great hunt!!! :cheering: :clapping:

Very nice your son hunts with you |:cheering: Looking forward to my almost 6 yr old getting the fever lol I bought him a White's Coinmaster w/a pee-wee pole but it's still a bit awkward for his little arms... how old is your son again?

He is 13 now and started hunting with me when he was 9 thumbsup01
Glen

milco
08-17-2013, 04:16 PM
:wow: Congrats on the seated & IH spill! The other finds aren't to shabby either!

Tony Two-Cent
08-23-2013, 07:51 AM
Amazing finds, Glen! HUGE congrats on the two seated dimes and an indian head in the same hole! That's a spectacular coin spill!

Man, that place seems likea dream site to hunt!

:congrats:

PL8MAN
08-27-2013, 08:47 PM
Found out today that the family cabin where I stay for these hunts and the area of the hunt is now only 8 miles from the Rimm Fire here in California . The cabin was built by my Grandfather and Father in 1970 . We should know in the next two days if both are spared by the fire .
Glen

zrickkid
08-27-2013, 09:37 PM
I have only found one seated coin. it was an 1876 O dime. Nothing compares with that feeling <:......except for finding a second in the same hole :happy:. WTG man.

coinnut
08-28-2013, 03:46 PM
Found out today that the family cabin where I stay for these hunts and the area of the hunt is now only 8 miles from the Rimm Fire here in California . The cabin was built by my Grandfather and Father in 1970 . We should know in the next two days if both are spared by the fire .
Glen

Hope that place survives. But if not, you have a cabin to build. You can't let the fire win ;)

OxShoeDrew
08-29-2013, 04:56 PM
Oh my, How did the cabin make out? :crossfingers:
Beautiful hunt!

PL8MAN
08-30-2013, 10:18 AM
Oh my, How did the cabin make out? :crossfingers:
Beautiful hunt!

Still watching and waiting thumbsup01 here is a picture taken not far from our cabin two days ago .
Thanks
Glen

coinnut
08-30-2013, 06:13 PM
That would be a beautiful picture if it wasn't so serious. Great camera work :shocked04:

imagearhead
09-01-2013, 07:39 AM
I'm praying for all affected by the forest fires that god send his angels to watch over and protect all his children and their belongings... :angelic:

giant056
09-01-2013, 01:37 PM
Awesome finds you got there pl8man thumbsup01 big congrats on the two seateds too :congrats:

SeabeeRon
09-01-2013, 01:46 PM
Love seeing that Sierra Silver!!
Hope everything works out well for you and yours, stay safe!