PDA

View Full Version : Here's my last two hunts for August 8th and 11th

giant056
08-12-2013, 06:23 PM
On the 8th I went to a park on the other side of town that I've hunted many times before and I was actually the only one there detecting which surprised me cause there seems to be a big metal detecting craze this summer for some reason and the last two times that I had been to that park last year there was someone else there digging too.

On the 8th I did manage to find me a long overdue silver coin and than some icing on the cake with the little sterling ring

[attachimg=1]

[attachimg=2]

[attachimg=3]

Yesterday I had a good day at my favorite school yard where I got the CW button. I started out around a couple ball diamonds and that's where I found the English penny probably only 2 inches in the dirt, I worked my way out in the outfields and got some clad and then when I was about ready to call it quits I thought heck I'm going up there where I seen another guy detecting a couple months ago and that's where I found both silvers, they were 8-10 inches deep but gave me a really good signal. I was surprised that the guy I seen hunting in that area didn't find them cause he was working the little area hard and long that day. He also has been hunting this school yard since the middle 70's is what he told me.

[attachimg=4]

[attachimg=5]

[attachimg=8]

[attachimg=6]

[attachimg=7]

leslie(nova scotia)
08-13-2013, 05:16 AM
From the land of the Bluenose.....silver always brightens the day....good scoffs! <;)

aloldstuff
08-13-2013, 05:33 AM
:congrats: on getting that way overdue silver. The ring is nice but your silvers from where the other detectorist was hunting is sweeter. |:cheering:

angellionel
08-13-2013, 03:53 PM
Nice finds. The worn silver quarter has a pleasing 'old' look to it. :yes:

OxShoeDrew
08-13-2013, 06:52 PM
I guess those television programs are inspiring more hobbyists. Nice finds!

Epi-hunter
08-13-2013, 11:54 PM
Great finds! Congrats on the silver coins. I like that ring too! |:cheering:

tanacat
08-16-2013, 07:38 AM
:clapping: congrats on the silver :cheering:
I wonder just how often that guy has hunted there over the past 40 yrs? And what detector he was using... did he mention his finds (any silver?) Wow, 8-10 is pretty deep for 40's silver in a continually manicured school lawn!

Great pics |:confused:)

lcoutback
08-16-2013, 09:20 AM
Pull tabs and shell casings in the school yard... LOVE IT! lol

I like the clarity in your pictures, nice finds!