PDA

View Full Version : 18 Silver Coins - A Roosevelt Dime Fest

angellionel
08-15-2013, 08:21 PM
Today at about noon I opted to take a long drive to detect at a large field instead of hitting local parks. The site I had in mind is not very old, but I knew from a previous hunt that silver coins can still be found there, even if they are of the modern type.

Once there it was slow going at first, but eventually I got into a good groove and began to dig up old wheat cents and silver dimes. Most were Roosevelt dimes, but I wasn't complaining. After just over 5 1/2 hours of detecting I ended up leaving the site with 18 silver coins - 10 Roosevelt dimes, 6 mercury dimes, 1 Washington quarter, and 1 Kennedy silver half. I also dug up one large silver ring, but I neglected to take a photo.

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2013/08August/18_silver_coins_august_15_2013.jpg

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2013/08August/1966_kennedy_half_obv_august_15_2013.jpg

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2013/08August/1966_kennedy_half_rev_august_15_2013.jpg

HH!

POKIE73
08-15-2013, 08:25 PM
i know you use a e trac but i belive it must have silver sniffing powers that i can only imagine congrats on yet another ubbeliveable hunt dennis :bananadance: :bananadance:

giant056
08-16-2013, 04:15 AM
Awesome score on all them silvers :congrats:

bob_e99
08-16-2013, 02:04 PM
:omg:

Another amazing hunt! It sure is exhilarating to see that much silver all in one picture.

:congrats:

lee
08-16-2013, 06:41 PM
ok listen folks , we gota find out where he hunts first off , then we gota put two of our own in a bush somewhere nearby, then as he passes by thay can jump out necked singing somthing by lady gaga (im thinking del and chrisinct) to put him off his stroke , then me and say hmmmmm.... thiltzy and heavymetalnut can jump out and mug him for his silver :boxing: !!!! coz lets face it lads and lasses we can only dream of being half as good as this guy , we are mere paupers in the presents of lets face it....... metal detecting greatness.
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

aloldstuff
08-17-2013, 05:00 AM
Yes, yes, yes ......a long drive. Another great hunt Angel. :congrats: on getting all those silvers and I don't see many 40% silvers posted.

ChrisinCT
08-17-2013, 07:22 PM
ok listen folks , we gota find out where he hunts first off , then we gota put two of our own in a bush somewhere nearby, then as he passes by thay can jump out necked singing somthing by lady gaga (im thinking del and chrisinct) to put him off his stroke , then me and say hmmmmm.... thiltzy and heavymetalnut can jump out and mug him for his silver :boxing: !!!! coz lets face it lads and lasses we can only dream of being half as good as this guy , we are mere paupers in the presents of lets face it....... metal detecting greatness.

Sort of gives one an inferiorty complex doesn't it Lee ?

Lee I can only imagine how much worse it hurts for you reading all Angles silver finding post. For me it just tells me I suck at metal detecting But for you being under five foot tall and sucking at metal detecting is more than some could bare. Not to mention you talk funny.

Awesome finds as always..

lee
08-17-2013, 09:40 PM

Lee I can only imagine how much worse it hurts for you reading all Angles silver finding post. For me it just tells me I suck at metal detecting But for you being under five foot tall and sucking at metal detecting is more than some could bare. Not to mention you talk funny.

HA HA HA HA HA ......its 10.40pm and im laughing like a drain here...omg
now shhhh chris , grown ups are talking.

angellionel
08-17-2013, 10:31 PM
Thanks for the kind comments everyone! :beerbuddy:

You guys are killing me! rofl I'm going to have to hire bodyguards when detecting out your way, Lee. lol

RobW
08-19-2013, 07:32 AM
I'm glad you are back out and making the incredible finds that you always do....I call it motivation.... >:tongue:

angellionel
08-21-2013, 11:47 AM
I'm glad you are back out and making the incredible finds that you always do....I call it motivation.... >:tongue:

Or beating me to a pulp. lol Thanks Rob! By the way, I will have to check out your new machine sometime. :yes:

RobW
08-21-2013, 02:38 PM
By the way, I will have to check out your new machine sometime. :yes:

Anytime you like! thumbsup01

Snapolson
08-28-2013, 10:00 AM
OMG! You found more in one hunt than I've found all year so far!! :white:usaflag:: lol Congrats!