PDA

View Full Version : HUMUNGOUS CELLAR HOLE*MID 1800'S SEATED QUARTER

HEAVYMETALNUT
08-16-2013, 08:43 PM
Todd got out early with Allyson up in her neck of the woods for a morning hunt. My phone rang about 10:30 and he said they got skunked up there & were wondering if I wanted to tag along to a couple sites me & todd had found 2 weeks ago.there was supposed to be another cellar hole down the trail and we wanted to find it...and find it we did! HOLY CRAP! never in my life have i seen a cellar this big.a monster compared to the biggest center chimneys i have seen in the past.along side of this one a 100 yards away is another one thats smaller and overgrown.one of these isnt on the map.wondering if this could have been an Inn site looking at the size of it? :thinkingabout:
Anyways,i got a couple strap hinge pintels,a few buttons,one being a tombac,a huge spiked horseshoe& a tiny hatchet head, 2 ih's 1909,1880.a 1915-D wheatie,& a pretty worn 1857 seated quarter.was a nice afternoon hunt!

Dave ct
08-16-2013, 09:13 PM
wow that is a monster!! nice finds!

del
08-16-2013, 09:27 PM
great quarter Dave :perfect10: how did the other two do ??

Lodge Scent
08-16-2013, 09:45 PM
That cellar hole is palatial ! Nice digs! Don't see many seated quarters dug :congrats:

HEAVYMETALNUT
08-16-2013, 09:45 PM
great quarter Dave :perfect10: how did the other two do ??

thnaks dan! todd got a couple IH's and some buttons,Ally got a 2 inch iron grapeshot or a small cannonball.i have one that i dug in upstate ny same size and was told it was from a small cannon
,a button or 2 and a broken orante shoe buckle piece(1/3) of a frame

aloldstuff
08-17-2013, 05:14 AM
Nice hunting and :congrats: on the seated quarter

Thiltzy
08-17-2013, 07:03 AM
Great score on the seated Quaker Dave. Seems like I don't have free time to clean my finds anymore. I am still cleaning finds from 3 hunts ago. I will try to get some done before I hit the 1700's house today.
We need to get back to the giant cellar hole in the winter.

del
08-17-2013, 07:19 AM
Seems like I don't have free time to clean my finds anymore. I am still cleaning finds from 3 hunts ago. I will try to get some done before I hit the 1700's house today.
We need to get back to the giant cellar hole in the winter.

you slacker get to cleaning them finds for some pictures
or no detecting for you :bop: :teasing: lol lol

also you guys should be making notes on which sites to get back to in the late fall or early spring , the sites open up some and more goodies are revealed.

Great score on the seated Quaker Dave.

whats this , Dave converted to Quaker-ism :shocked03: should we call him &quot:beerbuddy:rother Wise from now on :eyebrow:

Thiltzy
08-17-2013, 08:14 AM
you slacker get to cleaning them finds for some pictures
or no detecting for you :bop: :teasing: lol lol

also you guys should be making notes on which sites to get back to in the late fall or early spring , the sites open up some and more goodies are revealed.

I am on it Dan, been so busy lately and Today I am hunting original founder property of a private home in Milford. It's 1630's property and supposedly never hunted :daydream:
I got a real looker of a draped bust and silver applied knee buckle from a site on Thursday. That was the special spot I found that I told you about not on any maps and I made the mistake of bringing Dave. That's were he got the pistareen before I could get to it >:{. But at least one of us found it so I am Happy for him.

HEAVYMETALNUT
08-17-2013, 09:16 AM
I am on it Dan, been so busy lately and Today I am hunting original founder property of a private home in Milford. It's 1630's property and supposedly never hunted :daydream:
I got a real looker of a draped bust and silver applied knee buckle from a site on Thursday. That was the special spot I found that I told you about not on any maps and I made the mistake of bringing Dave. That's were he got the pistareen before I could get to it >:{. But at least one of us found it so I am Happy for him.

I sawwy :cheesysmile:

Thiltzy
08-17-2013, 10:05 AM
I sawwy :cheesysmile:
you better find us a spot for Sunday Dave :poke:

del
08-17-2013, 10:26 AM
you better find us a spot for Sunday Dave :poke:

yeah , pull your weight pal :beatdown:...

your lucky i'm not Todd , I'd dump you for either of the two lady detectorists in a heartbeat lol lol

milco
08-17-2013, 04:22 PM
Super sweet finds Dave!

Epi-hunter
08-17-2013, 05:35 PM
Great finds!!! :congrats: Love that quarter! :perfect10:

OxShoeDrew
08-17-2013, 07:58 PM
I'd like to find a seated quarter some day. :daydream: Hey, that brown bottle is decorative :clapping:

swamp yankee
08-18-2013, 11:54 PM
Todd got out early with Allyson up in her neck of the woods for a morning hunt. My phone rang about 10:30 and he said they got skunked up there & were wondering if I wanted to tag along to a couple sites me & todd had found 2 weeks ago.there was supposed to be another cellar hole down the trail and we wanted to find it...and find it we did! HOLY CRAP! never in my life have i seen a cellar this big.a monster compared to the biggest center chimneys i have seen in the past.along side of this one a 100 yards away is another one thats smaller and overgrown.one of these isnt on the map.wondering if this could have been an Inn site looking at the size of it? :thinkingabout:
Anyways,i got a couple strap hinge pintels,a few buttons,one being a tombac,a huge spiked horseshoe& a tiny hatchet head, 2 ih's 1909,1880.a 1915-D wheatie,& a pretty worn 1857 seated quarter.was a nice afternoon hunt!
Great job finding that place and hunting it! Must have been an inn in those days cause I only saw one that size/construction in all my time back east (60 yrs) Hit it some more to really clean it out and so we can drool over your finds,congrats!.....

RobW
08-19-2013, 07:25 AM
:loveit:...Congrats on the seated quarter! :clapping: :clapping:

Bell-Two
08-19-2013, 07:29 AM
That is an awesome collection of finds, unusual horseshoe at least I have never seen one like that here in Ohio, do you know why it is designed that way? Great stuff!

Tony Two-Cent
08-23-2013, 08:10 AM
Awesome finds, Dave! I love the seated quarter! :loveit:

HEAVYMETALNUT
08-24-2013, 09:27 PM
That is an awesome collection of finds, unusual horseshoe at least I have never seen one like that here in Ohio, do you know why it is designed that way? Great stuff!

thanks! I have no idea on the horseshoe.that's why i kept it.it's unusual :thinkingabout: