PDA

View Full Version : WTB Uniprobe POCKET

midas
08-17-2013, 05:48 AM
Anyone have a Detectorpro Uniprobe POCKET pinpointer for sale?

I tried the Pistol Probe. But trying to keep the button pressed is a real challenge.
IMO All the other handhelds are junk. Garrett, White's, Minelab, Tesoro. They only detect a couple inches deep if that and are useless to determine if target is still in the hole.
I wish Sunray would make a handheld with the depth of the X1.

Boulder
08-17-2013, 09:18 AM
I have seen them 2nd hand on flebay along with sunray probes or you can do a google search.
I use both a Garrett and Minelab pinpointer and find they both get the job done for me.
A more expensive deep pinpointer only tells you to keep on digging, while a lack of or week signal from an average pinpointer tells you to keep digging.
Most digital detectors give you a target depth goal, while an analog detector can help with your target depth through sound knowing the detection depth of your machine and raising the search coil if you learn and listen to your machine.
In this hobby it's personal preference vs proven performance vs personal budget.
I hope you find a good deal on your uniprobe. :->
John.

Epi-hunter
08-17-2013, 10:55 AM
Anyone have a Detectorpro Uniprobe POCKET pinpointer for sale?

I tried the Pistol Probe. But trying to keep the button pressed is a real challenge.
IMO All the other handhelds are junk. Garrett, White's, Minelab, Tesoro. They only detect a couple inches deep if that and are useless to determine if target is still in the hole.
I wish Sunray would make a handheld with the depth of the X1.

But depth without target ID would give you a signal from surrounding targets as well that you might not be able to discern from the desired target, wouldn't it?

I agree that handheld are useless (for me). The entire reason I don't have and probably never will have a CTX is because Ralph can't make a probe for it due to the computer chip in the coil. I guess it's the way of the future, but to me it's invaluable to have the inline probe and I won't detect without it.

Just curious John - is there a reason you can't or don't want to use an inline? It seems the reviews on the Uniprobe Pocket are good...

Boulder
08-17-2013, 01:53 PM
Just curious John - is there a reason you can't or don't want to use an inline? It seems the reviews on the Uniprobe Pocket are good...

No I have nothing against uniprobe, sunray or any other handheld pinpointer.

I was just trying to say that any tool used properly will get the job done, budget minded thru elite.

I still run across one old timer with a Garrett 150 at the park passing handfuls of soil past his detector refusing to upgrade to a handheld pinpointer. For him it's a luxury and expense he can live without.

I luv my pinpointer and have it mounted on the shaft of my detector like an inline probe with out a cord for me getting in the way.

Just an observation, John.

Epi-hunter
08-17-2013, 03:17 PM
No I have nothing against uniprobe, sunray or any other handheld pinpointer.

I was just trying to say that any tool used properly will get the job done, budget minded thru elite.

I still run across one old timer with a Garrett 150 at the park passing handfuls of soil past his detector refusing to upgrade to a handheld pinpointer. For him it's a luxury and expense he can live without.

I luv my pinpointer and have it mounted on the shaft of my detector like an inline probe with out a cord for me getting in the way.

Just an observation, John.

Thanks John for the reply -- I was actually referring to midas, the original poster (who is also John). Sorry about that! But yes, I know some people do very well without using any kind of pinpointer or inline probe.

Boulder
08-17-2013, 06:28 PM
Sorry, my bad... <}

Lowjiber
08-18-2013, 06:17 AM
Thanks John for the reply -- I was actually referring to midas, the original poster (who is also John).
Two Johns... no waiting.

OxShoeDrew
08-22-2013, 04:40 PM
Two Johns... no waiting.

I never use this emoticon but... rofl

Boulder
08-23-2013, 10:26 PM
I thought it was funny myself. :clapping: