PDA

View Full Version : Hello, from RI

Coinshooter
08-19-2013, 11:00 AM
Hello everyone, new to the site figured I would stop by. Dig Deep! :detecting:

Skamaniac
08-19-2013, 07:23 PM
Hello from Washington state on the Oregon border. Are you currently detecting, and if so, what kind of rig do you use?

coinnut
08-19-2013, 08:33 PM
Hey Coinshooter, welcome aboard from western MA. Del and I have done some woods/swamp hunting in RI. You have some nasty little ticks there. :shocked01: We survived though lol Whereabouts are you in RI?

aloldstuff
08-20-2013, 04:58 AM
Welcome from another western MA detectorist. You must be a relic hunter if you are hanging out with Dan and George. Looking forward to your future posts.

Coinshooter
08-20-2013, 02:15 PM
Im going to try and address all questions in this post.

I live in Cumberland, ticks are terrible here this year worse then I have ever seen. Mosquitos were the worst they have been in decades.

Being in New England there are a ton of cellar holes in the woods, making for some amazing hunting. Some areas though hard to find have never been detected. I like coin shooting more but I have no issues digging a button or 2 or anything else really.

Currently im running an F75 SE black, bought this machine about 2 months ago, I have about 75 hours on the machine and in getting the hang of it. I had a hard time getting used to the fast separation speed.

TundraDigger
08-20-2013, 03:20 PM
Welcome from Winchester NH. My wife's sister and her husband live in Cumberland.

OxShoeDrew
08-20-2013, 04:23 PM
Welcome! My hunting partner lives in your area. I bet you've met up. I hope you enjoy it here :waving:

coinnut
08-20-2013, 06:58 PM
We did some hunting in North Smithfield when we were in RI. Ticks are very dangerous around there for Lyme disease. Stay safe.

Boulder
08-20-2013, 07:13 PM
Hello and Welcome to the forum from John in North New Jersey. :interesting:

Fire Fighter 43
08-20-2013, 07:44 PM
Hello and welcome to the forum from SE Wisconsin.

Coinshooter
08-20-2013, 09:12 PM
Hey Oxshoedrew pleasure to meet you, Scott is a good friend of mine as well.

Scott is highly respected and very knowledgable as I'm sure you know.

Coinshooter
08-20-2013, 09:25 PM
We did some hunting in North Smithfield when we were in RI. Ticks are very dangerous around there for Lyme disease. Stay safe.

I yes that place in north Smithfield is pretty picked really have to move deeper in the woods to hit the good stuff.

SafariScott
08-21-2013, 08:17 AM
Welcome to the forum Alan. Glad you found it, there's some really knowledgable people here. I'm sure you'll enjoy it here.

Coinshooter
08-21-2013, 10:23 AM
Thank you everyone, this is a great site already learning a ton.

del
08-21-2013, 06:45 PM
hello Alan :waving: , welcome to the forum. as Coinnut said we were up in North Smithfield a while back detecting for a nearby museum saw a few cellar holes and some other good looking areas to detect. glad you joined the forum.

Dan

Tony Two-Cent
08-23-2013, 08:00 AM
Welcome from Illinois! :waving:

Glad to have you here, Alan! You're in prime metal detecting territory up there in MD. I'm jealous of the history and potential for great finds in that part of the country.

Good luck and happy hunting! |:cheering:

Lowjiber
08-24-2013, 05:10 AM
Welcome from southern Nevada. RI is indeed a beautiful place.

Coinshooter
08-27-2013, 07:01 AM
Welcome from Illinois! :waving:

Glad to have you here, Alan! You're in prime metal detecting territory up there in MD. I'm jealous of the history and potential for great finds in that part of the country.

Good luck and happy hunting! |:cheering:

Hey Tony, im actually in RI. Tons of cellar holes up here to play around. :detecting:

Tony Two-Cent
08-27-2013, 07:30 AM
Hey Tony, im actually in RI. Tons of cellar holes up here to play around. :detecting:

As it clearly says in the title of this thread. :embarrassed:

I guess I saw Cumberland and assumed Maryland. 8/

Oh well, I'm jealous of all the history there in Rhode Island too. thumbsup01 lol

Coinshooter
08-29-2013, 08:01 AM
As it clearly says in the title of this thread. :embarrassed:

I guess I saw Cumberland and assumed Maryland. 8/

Oh well, I'm jealous of all the history there in Rhode Island too. thumbsup01 lol

Its ok, New England is Prime for detecting. I have had the opertunity to hunt with some of the best and well respected detectorist in my area. Its nice to learn and see the way that others do things out in the field.