PDA

View Full Version : First real outing with my new 3030

RobW
08-21-2013, 07:52 AM
So I finally broke down and bought myself a NEW 3030 from Bart at big Boys....he did me well thumbsup01

I have found so far that there are good things about it and bad things about the design...I don't know which is winning for me yet.

I don't like the location of the pinpoint trigger, it's too high up and I feel like I'm hyperextending my finger trying to push it, I hate how you have to plug in the coil...took me like 20 min to get that done, I don't see me getting a smaller coil and trying to swap out in the field; I liked how quick and easy it was w/ the E-trac. Maybe I'm missing it, but there needs to be a volume control...it blasts my eardrums it so loud

I do like the trash separation, it is much better than the E-trac, I noticed several times in this hunt where I found a target really in the trash, and there was no mistaking it, much clearer of a signal than w/ the e-trac. Pinpointing the target was another issue. With the volume being SO high, you can REALLY hear those smaller signals (maybe it's like having large print for the older folks, they made this with a higher volume so you old geezers can hear the signal lol)

I did notice that the numbers hit higher than on the E-trac
copper pennies 12/44-46
dimes 12/45-46
silver ring 12/48

Anyways...on to the hunt...There were some spots that I've eyed for awhile, not large enough for a 2 man hunt...and as many of you know...I really like my median areas :smitten:...I find they are often neglected by others. I want to point out that I was in Angel's area :angelic: So I hit a very large median/small park area...I was finding wheats, as you can see..a lot..and several early teens...but no silver >:#... :angelic:...someone beat me to it. The I hit a true median on a side street..2 more wheats and a silver ring

tanacat
08-21-2013, 09:07 AM
Good to know.... I'm debating on the 3030 or Etrac...

Surely there's volume control...

Congrats on your first trip out w/it!

tanacat
08-21-2013, 09:08 AM
...I mean first 'real' trip out w/it lol

Thiltzy
08-21-2013, 09:32 AM
Gratz on the new Machine Rob, pretty good hunt for your 1st time :congrats:

aloldstuff
08-21-2013, 10:55 AM
Rob, nice 1st outing and I am sure that the CTX will win you over. Nice that you were in Angel's area, but did you really expect to find any silver... rofl

coinnut
08-21-2013, 08:01 PM
Rob, you found wheats your first time out :clapping: Now you can go back to that park you took me to and find the ones your first machine couldn't see lol Nice first hunt. How did you like the weight balance? Rob, do your headphones have a volume control? If not get a pair that does. Until then hold the Speaker looking button down for 2 seconds. A menu should pop up - lower the Volume Limit down some (not volume gain). See if that helps

RobW
08-22-2013, 11:43 AM
Rob, you found wheats your first time out :clapping: Now you can go back to that park you took me to and find the ones your first machine couldn't see lol Nice first hunt. How did you like the weight balance? Rob, do your headphones have a volume control? If not get a pair that does. Until then hold the Speaker looking button down for 2 seconds. A menu should pop up - lower the Volume Limit down some (not volume gain). See if that helps

lol lol...That park was temp E-traced out....and now it's all fenced off and no one can get in there >:#

Thanks for the tip about the volume, My Killer Bees don't have volume control

leslie(nova scotia)
08-24-2013, 07:22 AM
Hope it pans out for you as that is a lot of loot to fork out. Happy hunting! <;)