PDA

View Full Version : Sidewalk/Street Project - Lots of targets and silver

milco
08-22-2013, 07:20 AM
My uncle and I hit a street project last week Friday for about four hours. I went down one side of the street, he went down the other. We ended up with totals of 15 wheats, five silver dimes, two buffalo nickels and plenty of other interesting targets with a couple tokens and some junk jewelry. Timing was just right as we had planned this day for a week or two and they just so happened to scrape off the terrace in preparation for sodding a couple of day before we got there. I think they were putting down the sod this week.

TundraDigger
08-22-2013, 06:05 PM
Looks like you cleaned up. Nice finds.

coinnut
08-22-2013, 06:42 PM
You have to love a place that keeps on giving lol Nice group of finds and some sore knees and elbows too, I'm sure :shocked04: Look at all them junk targets dug. That place is whistle clean now thumbsup01

Thiltzy
08-22-2013, 07:07 PM
:wow:nice haul, way to tear it up! too bad that merc wasn't a d mint

aloldstuff
08-23-2013, 04:41 AM
The goods just keep on coming. :congrats: on all those keepers. What does the bottle looking thing say?

leslie(nova scotia)
08-24-2013, 07:23 AM
Good job of taking advantage of an opening. Get stiff just thinking of all the knee bends....and the aftermath ice pads! <;)

mike l
08-24-2013, 08:50 AM
That place gave up some nice old coins, hit it again before the sod goes down |:cheering:

coinMD64
08-24-2013, 09:09 AM
I went to local tearouts but all I got are junk metal. At a local school sidewalk tearout I found a 1967 clad quarter and a 1972 Memorial penny buried beneath the old concrete sidewalk but no silver coins.

coinnut
08-24-2013, 08:52 PM
I went to local tearouts but all I got are junk metal. At a local school sidewalk tearout I found a 1967 clad quarter and a 1972 Memorial penny buried beneath the old concrete sidewalk but no silver coins.

That's usually my finds there also lol But if you are fortunate enough to live in the oldest part of town, then you get Milco's finds :drool:

Sal66
08-25-2013, 05:56 AM
WOW ! Lot's of Coins. Where did you find most of the Coins, in the road or the sidewalk ? Their supposed to be doing my road and sidewalk soon so I hope to get a chance to do some Detecting. The houses were only built here in the late 50's but there should be some Silver, no ? It's worth a shot anyway, especially when it's right outside your own house. |:cheering:

milco
08-26-2013, 03:25 PM
Where did you find most of the Coins, in the road or the sidewalk ?

This neigborhood is from the late 1920's and all the finds were from the terrace between the sidewalk and street. Also checking under the old sidewalks after they pull them out is usually worthwhile. I only MD in the street in very oldest parts of town, and only if they grade down to original old dirt. Good luck on your project there!

giant056
08-30-2013, 04:39 AM
Fantastic bunch of nice finds :congrats: I love the sidewalk tearouts, especially in an older neighborhood.