PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Yorktown, Virginia

Springer
08-22-2013, 03:50 PM
Hi everyone,

I am Springer, AKA Kelly, saying hello from Yorktown, VA. I am new to the hobby so I am all ears to learn from you folks. My wonderful fiancée just bought me a Teknetics Gamma 6000 and I am still figuring out what to do with it, haha.

So much of Yorktown is NPS land and impossible to hunt on. Where we live I have a few properties close to the battlefield I have permission to hunt. Just tons of history here. We live basically where Union Gen. Heinzelman was camped with his Corps during the Peninsula Campaign in April of 1862. There were about 34,000 Soldiers camped all around our neighborhood so it seems like there should be some nice finds happening if I get the hang of it!

Thanks for the forum and I hope to learn and participate much here!

Springer

Tony Two-Cent
08-22-2013, 04:23 PM
Hi Kelly! Welcome from Illinois! :waving:

I am envious of how much history you have there in Yorktown, Virginia. :envious:

It sounds like you are right in the middle of prime metal detecting territory.

Glad you joined the forum and please keep us updated on your progress with that Teknetics Gamma 6000. |:cheering:

OxShoeDrew
08-22-2013, 05:22 PM
Kelly, You came to the right place for learning metal detecting. :yes:
I'm also a Teknetics person....but don't expect to learn anything from me...and my day job is teaching! lol
Location trumps everything else....and it seems you are set with nice places to hunt.
I think you got a nice machine. After some learning time you may upgrade to an 11in DD coil. I look forward to your posts. :waving:

coinnut
08-22-2013, 06:20 PM
Welcome aboard Kelly from western MA :waving: My advice to you is to enjoy your hunts, and dig just about everything until you get a feel for your machine. The first time you get something from the war, you will cherish that find forever. Congrats on starting your adventure :beerbuddy:

aloldstuff
08-23-2013, 04:36 AM
It's only going to take one good find.....then the addiction sets in. Glad you found us here and am looking forward to your future posts.

del
08-23-2013, 07:30 PM
Hello and welcome to the forum Kelly :waving: your in a great historis area of the country , i'm very envious :envious: learn your machines insides and out and it will find you some great stuff. looking toward seeing what you find .

Dan

Fire Fighter 43
08-23-2013, 08:37 PM
Welcome to the forum from SE Wisconsin. It sounds like you have some good places to hunt. Take the time to learn your machine well, be patient and above all have fumpn with it. Good luck and happy hunting.

Boulder
08-23-2013, 10:12 PM
Hello Kelly and Welcome to the Forum, I'm John from North New Jersey. :->

Lowjiber
08-24-2013, 05:11 AM
:waving: Glad to have you join us. Welcome from southern Nevada.

tanacat
08-26-2013, 08:02 AM
Welcome from Kentucky |:cheering: Congrats on the new detector!

Nice that you have permission to hunt on some properties near the NPS and battlefields...

looking forward to seeing what you find! :detecting: