PDA

View Full Version : New cellar hole, new copper and relics

Thiltzy
08-22-2013, 06:05 PM
Yesterday I did some new research in Allyson's neck of the woods and found a few potential site's. One that caught me eye was deep in the woods and thought maybe it would be a better candidate because it was very secluded. We started the day late and after a very long hike and hours of searching, I finally found the site I was hoping for.

We only had about 2 hours to hunt before sunset so we got to it :detecting: My first target was a rusty square nail then the very next target gave me that sweet coin signal at around 5 inches deep. Sure enough it was a King George II and copper #43 for the year. In the same hole was the mangled tongue of an old shoe buckle along with another square nail. Next was a very nice complete pewter button in great shape with no flaking. An old tombac and shoe buckle frame were all nice old targets. An interesting piece that I pulled next was what looks like a name plate of the owner of the cellar hole... G.L. Ferguson :cool:

Allyson made out good as well with a few buttons, spoon, Braided Hair Large Cent and a unique object that had a star etched into it. It is about the size of a dollar coin and surely colonial. Hopefully she sends me pics and try to get an ID on it.

:yes:

OxShoeDrew
08-22-2013, 06:10 PM
Nicely done, I'm glad someone else digs square nails. lol
Shoe parts in the same hole with coppers? Sounds like you found a winner site there. |:cheering:

Lodge Scent
08-22-2013, 06:12 PM
Nice finds there Todd. Your diligence paid off. There are some long shadows in your pics!

del
08-22-2013, 08:04 PM
great looking site seems to have lots of swinging room and areas to explore , congrats on the copper and relics Todd hope to see the item Allyson found .

Dan

aloldstuff
08-23-2013, 04:49 AM
Your persistence paid off quote well. Nice keepers :congrats: and hope to see some more goods when you really have time to hit this site.

HEAVYMETALNUT
08-23-2013, 06:41 AM
very nice finds the both of you thumbsup01

RobW
08-23-2013, 07:20 AM
Awesome finds! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: Is that a Chinese coin too:huh:thinkingabout:?

Thiltzy
08-23-2013, 05:30 PM
Awesome finds! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: Is that a Chinese coin too:huh:thinkingabout:?
Yeah Rob, It is a Chinese coin. I forgot to remove it from the picture since I found it in my yard and have no clue what it's doing on my property. It seems pretty old but I know nothing about those types of coins :thinkingabout:

coinnut
08-23-2013, 05:42 PM
Great looking site :shocked04: Some good targets for the short hunt. I'd be chompin' at the bit to get back there if I were you.

Bell-Two
08-23-2013, 05:49 PM
Yeah Rob, It is a Chinese coin. I forgot to remove it from the picture since I found it in my yard and have no clue what it's doing on my property. It seems pretty old but I know nothing about those types of coins :thinkingabout:

Do you order Chinese food delivery? :cheesysmile: