PDA

View Full Version : Pro pointer makes V3i go nuts

ChrisinCT
08-23-2013, 08:30 PM
I've owned both my Garrett pro pointer and Spectra V3I for two years now.

For about the last month when I am searching a hole with my pointer for the the my V gets very noisy.
On different days it seems the distance I have to place the V away from the pointer changes.
Somedays I can have the V two feet to the side of the hole and somedays I have a to put the V behind me to quiet it down.
Somedays it doesn't seem to interfere at all , but not often.

I have pretty much been hunting in mixed mode pro with a few minor adjustments or the past eight months.

I don't understand why after all this time this is occurring now?

Any ideas ?

thanks Chris

Boulder
08-23-2013, 10:21 PM
That sounds like a real pain.
I have never had it happen myself. I'm sure someone here will be able to help you.
Have you tried to use your detectors filter as you would with any outside electrical interference?
I will check back to learn the answers for myself that remedy your problem.
Best of luck, John. :->

whammy
08-24-2013, 08:31 AM
I'm wondering if its something in the pro pointer. I have 2 of them and one of the two makes my Vision go crazy, but works ok with my DFX backup machine.

ChrisinCT
08-24-2013, 07:16 PM
Have you tried to use your detectors filter as you would with any outside electrical interference?

I will give that a try and report back.

OxShoeDrew
08-24-2013, 07:23 PM
Chris, same exact thing is happening to me right now! Although as my propointer is acting up in other ways I attribute the new incompatibility to the propointer. I wish they made an inline for my T2.

By chance is your propointer periodically ringing even when no metal is present?

coinnut
08-24-2013, 08:42 PM
Check the batteries. I have a second set of rechargeables, cause sometimes they act up when they get low. But I have also found that different locations dictate how sensitive my machines and pinpointers are to each other.

MartinL
08-24-2013, 10:04 PM
Why not simply toggle the V3i into Menu mode before laying it down before using the ProPointer? I've done that as standard practice to avoid constant re GB-ing by the V3i, but it quietens the noise from the Propointer at the same time.

ChrisinCT
08-28-2013, 07:52 PM
Chris, same exact thing is happening to me right now! Although as my propointer is acting up in other ways I attribute the new incompatibility to the propointer. I wish they made an inline for my T2.

By chance is your propointer periodically ringing even when no metal is present?

I never get a beep from the pointer unless near metal,so All is well on that end.

Coinshooter
08-29-2013, 07:53 AM

Hey Drew, im not sure if this with help you but sunray makes an inline for the F75, Sunray FX-1 is the part number.

lenjsr
01-05-2014, 07:06 PM
If your pro pointer is chatering when out of the gound, open the cap and placesometing on top of the battery to force it in tighter when the cap is screwed back on. I have several and they all had the problem until I did this

The Rebel
01-05-2014, 07:38 PM
The PP is emitting electronic waves so it make sense that if the coil is near the PP then the v treat it as emi, at least that's how I see it. It does the same thing to me.

giant056
01-06-2014, 10:32 AM
Pinpointers give out a spurious frequency and I think they'll probably affect most detectors that are sensitive and are a threshold machine. My V3i and MXT are both affected by my Bullseye II and it's worse yet when I'm near a propointer. Heck I can even hear through my headphones when I turn my camera on and off.

Longhair
01-06-2014, 11:14 AM
If you think it's bad with a Propointer, don't even think about a Vibra-Probe.:rofl: They are PI and mess with everything.

ODA 226
01-06-2014, 12:32 PM
If you think it's bad with a Propointer, don't even think about a Vibra-Probe.:rofl: They are PI and mess with everything.

My Vibra-Probe makes my AT PRO go NUTS! :mad: