PDA

View Full Version : Back home :)

Ill Digger
05-06-2010, 05:18 PM
A little redemption!! :grin:
After not finding any silver, or anything older than some wheat at the TWMH in Ohio over the weeekend, I've had a couple decent hunts since returning home. Monday we were hunting a coulpe of houses we've hit before and the finds are starting to slow down. One of the nieghbors pulled in the drive and asked what I was finding . After a little small talk, I asked her if it would be OK if I hunted their parkway? She said We're planting grass seed soon, after we plant you can't. Untill then I don't care.
COOL!! 8)
The first target was a wheat and then the second was this nice sterling ring!!! I rounded the night out with a 1930 Merc.(first of the season YAAAA!) and 4 wheats. Shamu I found at the Tom Weaver hunt.
Yesterday I hit a park about 20 mins. from home and the first target was a 1887 IH (needed that one for my book),also managed a 1943s war nickel (needed that one for my book too!) a 32 wheat and a Cross & Crown SS pin.Today I went back to the place were I found the ring to see if they had planted the seed yet. Nope!! Good for me!! The second dig was a iffy 45-48 reading. Dug down bout 6.5 inches and pulled out my oldest nickel.....so far ;) A 1891 V !!! It's good to be Back Home thumbsup01
Thanks for lookin' !! :grin:

SeabeeRon
05-06-2010, 07:06 PM
Nothing like familiar home turf Timmy!! :drool: :yes:

Epi-hunter
05-06-2010, 07:40 PM
Oh man, I want a V nickel!!! Great finds! I like the rings :yes:

coinnut
05-06-2010, 09:17 PM
Home sweet home lol Nice rings and the rest of the silver too. Something about how a V nickel looks that makes it a thrill to find. Congrats a a couple of good hunts!

Ill Digger
05-06-2010, 10:47 PM
Oh man, I want a V nickel!!! Great finds! I like the rings :yes:
Thanks Angie! The ring on the bottom is sterling the one leaning on it is a plated junker. You'll get your V nickel. I want a seated half dime too!! ;)

Something about how a V nickel looks that makes it a thrill to find. Congrats a a couple of good hunts!
Thanks George!
I know what you mean. When I was trying to get the dirt off of the nickel I just knew, I was saying Oh yeah...this is a V :twirlingeyes: lol

tanacat
05-07-2010, 07:06 AM
GREAT JOB on the V!!!! :yes: Those are some nice looking rings too... Yep that's Shamu, not an airplane lol Btw I've found 2 silver rings and a bunch of wheats this week too!

angellionel
05-07-2010, 07:13 AM
I just know you had fun digging those up. Nice bunch of finds. :yes: That is a good looking V nickel. It held up nicely. They really do make for exciting finds. Congrats on the merc too. thumbsup01

sjv
05-07-2010, 01:56 PM
Wow at a Park? All the parks here have mostly newer coins. Heck I've been miles out in the woods and found dig holes at times. Must be that Google Earth. Although that helps to find all the fields that I never knew existed without it. Finding the owner is the hard part. Usually they live out of town or state and lease the land or are trying to sell.