PDA

View Full Version : Tearouts Slowing Down? Nope - A first for me from my wantlist (x2)!

milco
08-24-2013, 11:39 AM
I went back to one of the tearouts where I have found some very old IH's and a shield nickel. They had torn out a fresh stretch of some old concrete and was glad to see that and quickly went to work. I managed to pull out my first, not one, but two 2 Cent pieces! I also found an 1888 V Nickel which should clean up nice and two more IH's. One of the 2 Center's was totally toasted and I put it in the tumbler (a little too long, ugh!!) and to my amazement I got a date on it of 1871! The other one looks to have pretty good detail so it will take some more traditional and gentle cleaning methods to see if I can get a date on that one.

Tony Two-Cent
08-24-2013, 11:46 AM
That's amazing, Darren! TWO two-cent pieces in one hunt! :wow:

Congrats on your first and second two-cent piece! |:cheering:

That V Nickel looks great too! Nice detail on it still.

Those tearouts have been a goldmine of old coins for you. I hope there is a lot more to come!

aloldstuff
08-24-2013, 06:02 PM
WOW double 2 centers, fantastic. I have only dug up 2 of them myself, both the same dates, 1865 but you managed to get your 2 in one hunt. Super :congrats: on all those keepers, hope the tearouts keep producing for you.

coinnut
08-24-2013, 08:46 PM
Congrats on 2 two centers :clapping: And that V ain't too shabby either. Nice early V. That is a pretty good year too, and the 4th rarest date in the series, I think :thinkingabout:

milco
08-24-2013, 10:13 PM
Thanks guys! Was really pumped up about the two 2 centers, still can't believe it.

del
08-25-2013, 09:09 AM
:cheering: :cheering:[size=24pt]congratulationsx2 :cheering: :cheering:

POKIE73
08-25-2013, 01:23 PM
i did that once hunt the tearouts i dint have a lot of luck and wasnt sure i liked it but looking at what you have found latley has me thinking maybe congrats on your finds for all of the hunts them 2 centers are quite the find dennis :bananadance: :bananadance:

giant056
08-30-2013, 04:25 AM
Great score on the two center and V :congrats: