PDA

View Full Version : Best Find of the Year; Second outing with 3030

RobW
08-27-2013, 09:48 AM
Wanted to go out detecting on Sunday :detecting:

I prefer going out early morning...but couldn't find any one. Tim wanted to go out late morning-mid afternoon, Al from 5pm on.... :thinkingabout:

So I stayed home in the morning :sleepy:
Met up with Tim around 11. We went to an area that I have a client who owns an older home, Tim is a bit fussy....wasn't old enough for him. So we drove around for a bit. I pulled into the drive of a house that had a date of 1742 on it. I talked with the owner who said lots of people have asked and NO....he then told us about an area with some cellar holes...so off we went searching. We found 2. they were pounded VERY hard, and no keepers were to be had >:#. I used my E-trac.

Came home...took a nap :sleepy:...Then it was time to meet up with Al. we agreed to meet where he had found the LC last week. The going was slow, ground as hard as concrete >:#. I managed a deep wheat. Then a lead seal. Then nothing for a long while. I got a 12-41 signal. I was thinking wheat......I saw it in the dirt on end...looked like a small cent...brushed the dirt off..... :shocked04:....not a usual bust...I flipped it over and saw ARMY NAVY :loveit:...a fantastic shape Civil war token!...I did a well it was a bit more than a little dance :happy: :bananadance: :happy: :bananadance:...yeah something like that lol. Then a bit later a half of a croatal bell, Then I got a solid 12-31...thinking/hoping Indian...and BAM 1879 Indian, and she is a beaut :loveit:, then on the way back to the car another wheat. So that made up for striking out earlier. :yes:

Tony Two-Cent
08-27-2013, 11:11 AM
Congrats on the fantastic civil war token, Rob! |:cheering:

And the 1879 Indian Head too! :clapping:

:perfect10:

aloldstuff
08-27-2013, 11:32 AM
And what a dance it was......you folks just don't know what you are missing. Great finds Rob, that 1879 IH is a beauty.

Not only am I older than Rob but my memory is much better. Had to remind him of the other CW token he found with me.

I was totally skunked on this hunt, but hey, it happens.

RobW
08-27-2013, 12:06 PM
And what a dance it was......you folks just don't know what you are missing.

I like to share the excitement rofl

del
08-27-2013, 03:43 PM
[size=36pt]Sigh

RobW
08-27-2013, 04:13 PM
[size=36pt]Sigh

>:tongue: >:tongue: >:tongue: >:tongue: >:tongue: >:tongue: >:tongue: >:tongue: >:tongue: >:tongue: >:tongue:....[size=1:crazy:t]I know.......... lol lol lol lol

coinnut
08-27-2013, 07:09 PM
Congrats on the photographically challenged Civil War Token thumbsup01 And the almost visible Indian head penny :shocked01: >:tongue: >:tongue: >:tongue: :poke: :poke: I'm taking it you like your 3030?

Rondoutcreek
08-27-2013, 07:28 PM
CONGRATS !!! Nice finds

RobW
08-28-2013, 08:21 AM
Congrats on the photographically challenged Civil War Token thumbsup01 And the almost visible Indian head penny :shocked01: >:tongue: >:tongue: >:tongue: :poke: :poke: I'm taking it you like your 3030?

lol lol lol lol lol....Yes, some things never change. I like constancy in life...... lol lol

There are things I like about the 3030 and things I don't. Definatly some design issues. But The technology is better than the E-Trac...If only I could combine them :thinkingabout:

leslie(nova scotia)
08-28-2013, 07:39 PM
At first i thought I needed glasses but after reading the replies saw what you have found................outstanding! <;)

Epi-hunter
08-29-2013, 06:45 PM
I want to put the token on the banner (first I want to actually see it lol ) Any chance you can try for a little better photo Rob?

Congrats on the great finds!!! :perfect10:

RobW
09-03-2013, 01:19 PM
I want to put the token on the banner (first I want to actually see it lol ) Any chance you can try for a little better photo Rob?

Congrats on the great finds!!! :perfect10:

:embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed:...I'll see if Al can take a better photo for me.... :embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed:

tanacat
09-03-2013, 03:22 PM
We should all chip in and buy Rob a camera lol

Great finds |:cheering:

So which of these 5 dances below was most similar?

:happydance01: :happy: <: happydance02 :bananadance:

del
09-03-2013, 03:34 PM

wait a minute i'm sure Mr.Tightwallet makes more than you and me both Tana :yes:
I will let him barrow a crowbar to pry that thing open though lol lol

:embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed:...I'll see if Al can take a better photo for me.... :embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed:

Al , tell him it will only cost him his silver for the photography :tongue:

aloldstuff
09-03-2013, 03:50 PM
Dan, if I did that he would have a heart attack. Don't worry, if he does I'll be sure to get a picture.

RobW
09-04-2013, 07:25 AM

Great finds |:cheering:

So which of these 5 dances below was most similar?

:happydance01: :happy: <: happydance02 :bananadance:

It was a bit more of a combo... <: :happy: :bananadance: :happy:

RobW
09-04-2013, 07:31 AM
wait a minute i'm sure Mr.Tightwallet makes more than you and me both Tana :yes:
I will let him barrow a crowbar to pry that thing open though lol lol

:embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed:...yes, it is true..I am cheap
However, in my defense, I did buy a camera just for my finds....however, my wife broke hers and she took mine
I do good to take them with my phone and send them directly to myself and just upload them, much less take the pic, bring he camera to work upload the pic onto my computer and go from there....I don't have that much time

aloldstuff
09-04-2013, 05:13 PM
:embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed:...yes, it is true..I am cheap
However, in my defense, I did buy a camera just for my finds....however, my wife broke hers and she took mine
I do good to take them with my phone and send them directly to myself and just upload them, much less take the pic, bring he camera to work upload the pic onto my computer and go from there....I don't have that much time

If you can find the time to take fuzzy pictures, you can find the time to take great pictures. :poke:

bob_e99
09-06-2013, 04:34 PM
There are things I like about the 3030 and things I don't. Definatly some design issues. But The technology is better than the E-Trac...If only I could combine them :thinkingabout:

I had the very same thoughts regarding the 3030.

:congrats: on a VERY nice find.