PDA

View Full Version : Okay, so I upgraded againsed some of yall's advice.

Elexander
08-27-2013, 05:04 PM
First off I'd like to say that the advise and info I received from the good people of this forum was simply outstanding. With that said, I did take the advice from most and play around with my first machine the &quot:beerbuddy:ounty Hunter Quick Silver though it was fun I just new that it was not a good machine, so not having a lot of money to just fork out I went back to the store with my receipt and rolled over the Bounty Hunter money into a new Teknetics Gamma 6000 and I tell you what, this machine makes a lot of noise and I have found enough screws and nails to build a small house >:/ I have been practicing in my back yard because its still just to hot and dry here in TX to really get out there and try some new spots, so I'm happy with my new machine and hopefully I'll be able to show off something soon. Happy hunting everyone..

aloldstuff
08-27-2013, 06:49 PM
:congrats: on your upgrade. Digging in your own yard to start with is a great idea, especially when it's hot and dry.

Can't wait to see your finds.

coinnut
08-27-2013, 06:55 PM
Read your manual and see if there is a discrimination and apply it sparingly lol Just enough to knock out nails or make them raspy. That may help a bit. Remember to have fun ;)

Elexander
08-28-2013, 01:50 PM
:detecting: I plan to go ahead and leave the yard this wknd, it's been weeks and still 90 + degrees and no rain, cant take it any more. And yes Coinnut there is a discriminate mode and I plan to use it, because if I dig another screw or nail it's going to drive me nuts!!.... get it? rofl

coinnut
08-28-2013, 03:41 PM
:detecting: I plan to go ahead and leave the yard this wknd, it's been weeks and still 90 + degrees and no rain, cant take it any more. And yes Coinnut there is a discriminate mode and I plan to use it, because if I dig another screw or nail it's going to drive me nuts!!.... get it? rofl

lol May we call you Elexandernut then? :thinkingabout: Don't dig the nails but dig every non iron target for a while. Them nails are deep and hard to pinpoint sometimes :girlcry:

Boulder
08-28-2013, 06:11 PM
Congratulations on your selection of a new machine.
Enjoy, John. :congrats: