PDA

View Full Version : First Silver Quarter of the Year & Sterling Military Pin

milco
08-28-2013, 08:55 PM
I was out for a very short hunt to hit some spots at a street/sidewalk tearout (You all know, where else would I be out MDing!). I got a nice signal that I thought was a wheat or IH and it turned out to be a wheatie. Stepped over about one foot and bam laying right near the surface underneath where the sidewalk had just been torn out today.......BARBER QUARTER!!! :happydance01: First silver quarter for the year! I went on to find three more wheat cents, a key, some lead, and this real cool sterling military pin. Any thoughts on the age of the pin would be appreciated. Thanks for lookin!

Ill Digger
08-28-2013, 09:22 PM
Man! Your just killin' it this year on those tear-outs Darren!! |:cheering:
The Barber is a totally cool find! :cool: One you don't come across too often. \:hammer: At least I don't... :rolleyes: lol
Congrats! :grin:

....and this real cool sterling military pin. Any thoughts on the age of the pin would be appreciated.
The pin is a E award issued by the US military to employees who contributed to the war effort.
I found one a few years ago. http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=39171

Here's a link that one of the members forwarded to me about it's history ::usaflag::
http://www.history.navy.mil/library/online/e_award.htm

milco
08-28-2013, 09:27 PM
Thanks Tim! And for the info on the pin!

Ill Digger
08-28-2013, 09:35 PM
Thanks Tim! And for the info on the pin!
No problem. Anytime thumbsup01

aloldstuff
08-29-2013, 05:18 AM
You're loving those tear outs. Finding a Barber quarter as your 1st quarter of the year is pretty cool. Love seeing Barbers posted.

Isn't it nice that we have such knowledgeable members here....can't even begin to tell you how many times a member has helped me out with an identification.

:congrats: on all those keepers

coinnut
08-29-2013, 08:59 PM
I may start tearing out some sidewalks myself pretty soon lol I can't wait for them to do it :dontknow: Nice score on the Barber Quarter :clapping: There have been a ton of great coins found this month. What are you going to do when they are done with the sidewalks :thinkingabout: There must be a support group out there somewhere ;)

mike l
08-29-2013, 11:51 PM
Im going to start looking for some side walk tear outs, Nice saves! :beerbuddy:

milco
08-30-2013, 06:58 AM
What are you going to do when they are done with the sidewalks :thinkingabout: There must be a support group out there somewhere ;)

There is a support group, its called 'field hunters'! Once the summer construction season is over then I'll move out of the urban setting and seek the solice of the fields and the woods for fall hunting!

Tony Two-Cent
08-30-2013, 03:09 PM
And what a first it is! Very cool that your first silver quarter of the year is a Barber! |:cheering:

That's the great thing about construction sites, old coins are often very shallow. :yes:

:congrats:

Fire Fighter 43
08-31-2013, 03:02 PM
:congrats: on your first silver 25 of the year and a barber to boot, WTG

giant056
09-01-2013, 01:46 PM
Congrats on the barber quarter and silver pin :congrats: