PDA

View Full Version : Finds before I got attacked by bee's at cellar hole

Thiltzy
08-30-2013, 05:15 PM
Here are some of my finds before I got attacked by bee's and broke my detector. There was also an 1882 Indian that I forgot to snap a pic of. The pocket compass was from the day that Dave and I took Ray(Kray) from the forum out to some cellars.

del
08-30-2013, 05:21 PM
pretty cool pocket compass and i like the decorated tombac , wish they all had designs on them

coinnut
08-30-2013, 05:46 PM
You had a pretty good day before you decided to outdo Dave and his Hornet adventure lol Glad you made it. I'm thinking of carrying wasp spray with me. :thinkingabout:

Thiltzy
08-30-2013, 05:57 PM
Thanks for the support guys. :beerbuddy:

OxShoeDrew
08-30-2013, 06:06 PM
Have you sent your detector in? I hope you get it back soon. :yes:

Thiltzy
08-30-2013, 06:14 PM
Have you sent your detector in? I hope you get it back soon. :yes:
I fixed it Yesterday Drew. The toggle switch for mode and pinpointing broke off from the fall. Fortunately, the last time it broke, I had ordered an extra toggle switch for back up. I replaced the switch with no problems

aloldstuff
08-31-2013, 05:32 AM
Thanks for posting your finds. Seems that the stinging bugs are out this year, glad to see you are all right.

fsa46
08-31-2013, 06:30 AM
Looks like you were doing fine before the bee attack :stretcher: , to bad it ruined the outing. >:\

Smart, having spare parts for your detector I got a couple $100. gift certificates from White's and loaded up on all kinds of neat stuff.

tanacat
08-31-2013, 08:09 AM
:blackeye: yellow jackets are fierce >:/ I was reading about them and they tend to build nests on edge of field and forest...

:omg: on the compass -that is AWESOME :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Skamaniac
08-31-2013, 04:00 PM
Very cool finds! The compass is indeed an awesome find.

I was detecting in a county park the other day under a maple tree and a parks employee came up and asked if I had seen a bees nest around there someone had reported to him. I said no, then looked up and it was 15' feet above my head. A good reminder for me to look up and look around every now and then when detecting.

Lodge Scent
09-01-2013, 07:42 PM
Too bad about the bees Todd, but some great finds! What are the matching buttons ??

Thiltzy
09-01-2013, 07:52 PM
Too bad about the bees Todd, but some great finds! What are the matching buttons ??
They have a motif of two birds on each :dontknow:

giant056
09-16-2013, 04:27 AM
Great bunch of finds you got there thumbsup01 I like the compass, one of my favorite finds was a Ledawl compass that I found about four years ago with my MXT. It was very deep in peat on a local preserve here in town. It works fantastic too, the day I dug it the crystal was fogged up but I could see the needle moving but by the next morning it had cleared right up. :cheesysmile: