PDA

View Full Version : New Guy from Cincy/Dayton Ohio

PezHunter
08-31-2013, 11:50 AM
Hello, just found this site and It looks active unlike most I have been viewing. New to Detecting, but this hobby falls right into place with other interests and hobbies I have. Only been detecting for a very short time. No great finds yet, did find a 60's Derringer cap gun, still trying to secure a few good locations.

Pez

Skamaniac
08-31-2013, 01:17 PM
Welcome from Washington state in the great Pacific Northwettest. And welcome to a great hobby. I've found this to be a great site to learn about detecting from friendly folks and I've gotten lots of good advice and ideas here.

Epi-hunter
08-31-2013, 02:09 PM
Welcome to the forum. Glad you found us! :waving:

When I detect I generally do so in Cincinnati. Some great parks there :yes:

Fire Fighter 43
08-31-2013, 02:25 PM
Welcome to the forum and hobby from SE Wisconsin. It is good to have you with us, beware this hobby tends to make you neglect your other interest. Good luck and happy hunting.

OxShoeDrew
08-31-2013, 07:31 PM
Glad you joined us Pez. I look forward to your posts. :waving:

del
08-31-2013, 08:25 PM
Well hello Pez :waving: , welcome to the American Detectorist forum . what machine are you swing'in and what kind of shape was the cap gun in ??
post a picture to show us :yes:

Dan

PezHunter
08-31-2013, 08:38 PM
Well hello Pez :waving: , welcome to the American Detectorist forum . what machine are you swing'in and what kind of shape was the cap gun in ??
post a picture to show us :yes:

Dan

Thanks Dan, i am using a Tecknetics D4000. nothing too expensive right now. Will upgrade later. Here is a photo of the cap gun and what it should have looked like when new.

del
08-31-2013, 09:06 PM
hey i think i had a cap gun like that when i was young (had tons of them growing up) cool find Pez , wish that die-cast metal held up better :yes: thanks for showing us a picture |:cheering:

coinnut
09-01-2013, 07:56 PM
Welcome aboard PezHunter. Nice cap gun. I find this addiction also goes good with my other ones too lol Hope you get a chance and hunt some nice sites.

Bell-Two
09-02-2013, 07:09 AM
Welcome to the forum, I am from the Dayton area too. If you want any info on the Dayton Diggers MD club contact me.

milco
09-02-2013, 07:57 AM
Welcome from SE Wisconsin! Do you also collect pez dispensers, and have you ever found one metal detecting?

PezHunter
09-02-2013, 06:58 PM
Welcome to the forum, I am from the Dayton area too. If you want any info on the Dayton Diggers MD club contact me.

Bell-Two,
Thanks, I joined at last months meeting I was there with my daughter but had to leave early for an emergency at home. I will be at the next one and look forward to learning from you guys.

PezHunter
09-02-2013, 07:03 PM
Welcome from SE Wisconsin! Do you also collect pez dispensers, and have you ever found one metal detecting?

milco,

Thanks and Yes I do collect PEZ and have over 2000 Pez and Pez related items and No haven't found one MD'ing. If you had a hit on a Pez please be very careful it will be old. New ones are made of all plastic BUT the old ones had a metal pin in the head or metal spring. If you find one of these Contact me immediately, Please.

Boulder
09-03-2013, 12:20 AM
Hello and Welcome from New Jersey.

aloldstuff
09-03-2013, 04:44 AM
Welcome to the hobby and looking forward to your future finds. When people mention the addiction they are not kidding.

Tony Two-Cent
09-03-2013, 10:25 AM
Welcome from Illinois! :waving:

We're glad to have you here on our forum, PezHunter! |:cheering:

OxShoeDrew
10-22-2013, 06:22 PM
American Pez are made in CT, are you a nutmegger?

sfox54
10-23-2013, 12:50 AM
hi pez from erie pa and new like you. been on this site for a couple weeks and find it to be full of great guys and all eager to help. every time i get on here i learn something. hey i have a delta 4000 too. keep posting

tanacat
10-23-2013, 08:44 AM
Welcome from Ky! The cap gun is a great find! I found one too |:cheering: I only let my 2 young boys play with it under close supervision lol same with the tootsie cars...

lcoutback
10-23-2013, 09:51 AM
Welcome from Oregon! :waving:

You may find cruising this site to be a hobby of it's own! <}

Looks like that derringer was fired until the mechanism melted down. :yes: Must have been one tough hombre slingin' that little hog-leg... :cool:

PezHunter
10-23-2013, 09:51 PM
hey i have a delta 4000 too. keep posting
[/quote]

I still have the Delta 4000 but upgraded to a Garrett AT Pro last week. Really liking it. It weighs a lot more than the delta but it's looking like the much better machine. I will keep the delta for a digging partner or if my girls want to go out with my any time.

Digger Don
11-11-2013, 09:07 PM
Welcome from northern Illinois.
I'm new to this site also.
Your going to find the people here very friendly & helpful
HH & Good luck