PDA

View Full Version : Nice Merc

z118
05-07-2010, 07:58 PM
I had an extended period to hunt this evening. It was supposed to start raining as the evening wore on, so I planned to hit the dirt while the weather was nice and then move on to some tot lots as the rain picked up. So I started out in a spot that gave up some two dozen silver coins last summer, but seemed this year to be getting pretty well hunted out. I didn't get too many targets for some time, just the occasional clad coin. After an hour or so the rain kicked in and I started making my way back to my car. As always seems to be the case, as soon as I decide to leave I start getting all sorts of good signals. I dug a few, and then got a real nice tone that sounded like silver in one direction. I flipped a big plug and there she was... a nice '44 Merc. If there's anything prettier I don't know what it is. I haven't dug silver in a few weeks so this made my day for sure.

Ironically, the tot lots didn't pan out. The rain tapered off and never started again, and each school I went to had something that kept me from detecting - a big school event at one, insolent looking teenagers at another, and a grounds crew at third.

Happy hunting!

coinnut
05-07-2010, 08:03 PM
Nice close ups of the Merc. She is huge!!! lol Glad you landed some silver and isn't it ironic, that you can't hunt where you want to, when you finally have the time available to hunt? :confused: Someting about detecting that changes just before the rain comes in. I think it has to do with magnetic fields or something, but targets always light up for me before a storm.

Epi-hunter
05-07-2010, 08:52 PM
Congrats on the merc z, it is excellent! Great photos

Beefcake
05-07-2010, 10:12 PM
Nice looking merc! Always nice to find in my book!

angellionel
05-07-2010, 10:23 PM
That is a great closeup of the merc. She is beautiful! :yes:

Ill Digger
05-07-2010, 11:29 PM
I love findin' those Mercs!!
Nice find!
Congrats :grin:

leslie(nova scotia)
05-08-2010, 07:46 AM
From the land of the Bluenose.....isn't that always the way. Still ....you got silver. Nice one at that!