PDA

View Full Version : Sunray probe for the F75

Coinshooter
09-06-2013, 10:51 AM
I was just wondering if anyone is using the Sunray probe, im looking at buying one but not sure if the benifits will out weigh just using my Pro Pointer. Thanks Alan

midas
09-07-2013, 07:31 PM
You've got to be kidding. The sunray probe is worlds ahead of any handheld. The sunray uses your detectors disc pattern and sensitivity = only pinpoints the good target not the junk, 3 - 5 inches depth so you know the target is there. You can't go wrong.

Lowjiber
09-08-2013, 07:47 AM
Of my seven detectors, four have Sunrays. The company doesn't make a probe for the other three. I even have one on an old Ace 250 (the probe cost more than the detector).

Here's a blurb I put together a few years back...

http://www.americandetectorist.com/probe.shtml

I didn't write it as a tutorial, but simply to show methods to get the most outta your Sunray.

Epi-hunter
09-08-2013, 10:07 AM
I agree with the above - I will not detect without a Sunray probe. Part of it depends on how deep you are digging though. I can't imagine digging a 10 or 11 inch hole in a park without using a probe.

coinnut
09-08-2013, 05:29 PM
Loved using the Sunray with the E Trac. Can't use one on the CTX 3030, so I had to get a Pistol Probe. It gives me pretty good depth, but lacks any discrimination like the inline Sunrays do. Best probe around if you don't want to waste any time digging iron.

Coinshooter
09-12-2013, 09:33 AM
Thanks guys, I had seen a few videos with the Sunray and i can get a pretty good deal for one on my F75, I may have on for this weekends hunt!!

Dirt Fisher
12-22-2013, 11:41 AM
It's been a while since I've posted and this post caught my eye. Sunray in line probe has to be the best probe by far. All handhelds seem like toys after using the sunray.