PDA

View Full Version : Friday Hunt

bob_e99
09-06-2013, 02:21 PM
I didn't know what to expect after my last hunt although I was pretty sure it wouldn't be repeated. Not many targets at this site but it does give up a few nice finds. I can only imagine what was found by the folks who got to detect it first back in the days. In any case, about 2 hours into the hunt I manage a seated dime <: which is only my second so I'm pretty happy. The coin was covered in dirt BUT this time I carefully flaked off a bit to see the silver underneath after which I put it in my pocket and cleaned it at home. It appears to be in pretty good condition and a year older than my first seated dime.

Thanks for looking and as always, good hunting.

RobW
09-06-2013, 02:37 PM
:loveit:...she's a BEAUT!

zrickkid
09-06-2013, 03:48 PM
Very nice find! :cheesysmile:

Tony Two-Cent
09-06-2013, 03:53 PM
You're on fire, Bob! :wow:

What a nice seated dime! Not much wear on it at all. It must have been dropped not long after 1877. It even has the raised ridge at the top of the rim on the obverse, a high spot that would have been the first thing to wear off.

Man, that handshake from Dan really did give you some good luck! lol

:congrats:

bob_e99
09-06-2013, 04:29 PM
Man, that handshake from Dan really did give you some good luck! lol

:congrats:

I was thinking the same thing after I found the seated dime. I'm thinking of a big hug next time I meet him. lol Maybe that'll bring me some BIG silver lol

aloldstuff
09-06-2013, 04:53 PM
Go gettem Bob. Very nice looking seated as Tony said. :congrats:

mike l
09-06-2013, 05:56 PM
Thats one sweet Seated Liberty |:cheering:, great detail left. I agree with Tony must have been dropped before 1880!

del
09-06-2013, 06:21 PM
some one give that man some [size=1:crazy:t]water ....

because he's on [size=1:crazy:t]Fire

huge congrats on the Seated Bob :perfect10: sweet looking lady :loveit:

OxShoeDrew
09-06-2013, 06:47 PM
...and nice pictures too! :perfect10: thumbsup01

freemindstuck
09-06-2013, 10:33 PM
Very nice seated! :congrats: It's in great condition.

coinnut
09-08-2013, 06:40 PM
Great looking coin :clapping: If I knew Dan had magical elf powers, I would have shook his hand years ago lol Hey, if you hug him, he may even let out some gold :hysterical: Not often someone new to the hobby can say they have 2 Seated coins :shocked04: Great job!

swamp yankee
09-08-2013, 07:40 PM
I didn't know what to expect after my last hunt although I was pretty sure it wouldn't be repeated. Not many targets at this site but it does give up a few nice finds. I can only imagine what was found by the folks who got to detect it first back in the days. In any case, about 2 hours into the hunt I manage a seated dime <: which is only my second so I'm pretty happy. The coin was covered in dirt BUT this time I carefully flaked off a bit to see the silver underneath after which I put it in my pocket and cleaned it at home. It appears to be in pretty good condition and a year older than my first seated dime.

Congrats on a great looking seated,looks like some of Dan's magic touch rubbed off on you. Best of luck the rest of the season too.....HH

z118
09-09-2013, 06:53 AM
Yikes! Two seateds in as many hunts! That is something to be giddy about, no doubt. It seems no you are the one with the luck! I was only able to get out for one short hunt this weekend and it was a bust.

I'm going to ask what you have always asked me... How come you never to me to this great new spot on one of our hunts together? HMMMM:huh: lol lol

Thiltzy
09-11-2013, 05:34 PM
I missed this post. Great score on the seated dime1 Never gets old digging old silvers :clapping:

etrac1
09-11-2013, 05:53 PM
Nice finds that seated is in great shape.

CTTodd
09-11-2013, 07:44 PM
That's a sweet one

swamp yankee
10-23-2013, 10:41 PM

It seems most don't expand the searched area enough,try the nearby woods for the real oldies!Hope you get some capped bust stuff to show us too! Good luck and HH....

54shooter
10-24-2013, 12:04 AM
Very Nice! Congrats and HH