PDA

View Full Version : short hunt yields possible gold...

imagearhead
09-08-2013, 04:38 PM
I took my 5 yr old daughter out with me today for a 3 hour hunt. ( An hour's worth was me having to run laps to and from the car for her ice water... Lol). But, none the less, we did well at a local Cincinnati park. She found a 3 clad dime spill. She also found a 1960, 1966 & 1996 pennies. She loves the pennies. But the top find for the day was this bracelet. One pic is before a water only wash. The other is a cleaner version. I did not find any karat markings, YET. All it says on the clasp is SARAH COV.

leslie(nova scotia)
09-08-2013, 05:10 PM
Quality time at the very least! <;)

coinnut
09-08-2013, 07:08 PM
Hope it's gold for you. If it is, your next two detectors are paid for lol But you made some great memories for the little one (who is going to grow up hording pennies lol).

swamp yankee
09-08-2013, 07:15 PM
I took my 5 yr old daughter out with me today for a 3 hour hunt. ( An hour's worth was me having to run laps to and from the car for her ice water... Lol). But, none the less, we did well at a local Cincinnati park. She found a 3 clad dime spill. She also found a 1960, 1966 & 1996 pennies. She loves the pennies. But the top find for the day was this bracelet. One pic is before a water only wash. The other is a cleaner version. I did not find any karat markings, YET. All it says on the clasp is SARAH COV.
Congrats on the great finds,coins,braclet,and munchkin! She'll remember it as a great time had w/dad. HH and many more finds for you both!......

imagearhead
09-08-2013, 08:11 PM
Yes... She would be happier finding a brand new shiny penny over a 1916 D Mercury dime any day of the week. Of which, I did find a 1916 merc, but without a mint mark last week at a park. But regarding the bracelet..... :crying02: It turns out to be a high end costume jewelry. Made by Sarah Coventry Jewelers. Which was founded in 1949. And was sold at jeweler hosted in-home parties. So not exactly valuable. But the older, vintage stuff retails quite high. |:cheering: But as for my daddy/ daughter dates with our metal detectors..... PRICELESS! thumbsup01

aloldstuff
09-09-2013, 05:02 AM
Great hunting and it sounds like you have a lifelong hunting partner. :congrats: on your finds and all the priceless time you get to spend with your daughter.

bob_e99
09-09-2013, 05:17 PM
Spending time with your child is priceless. They grow up way too fast so enjoy every minute of it.

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: