PDA

View Full Version : first time hunting in the US

chris-s
09-13-2013, 04:15 PM
Hi people,
My name is chris and this is my first post here. Im visiting the US with my dad and we are in new york now. Ive had the oppertunity to hunt a 1850's home site. Its my first time hunting in the States and i got some good coins already. As a coin collector im really happy with the flying eagle cent, zilver quarter and two Large Cents. Ill be back in Europe by the end of september (the Netherlands)

Happy hunting!

Chris

Tony Two-Cent
09-13-2013, 04:27 PM
Hello, Chris and welcome to the forum! :waving:

Those are some amazing coins you found! Many detectorists here in the US hunt for decades without finding a Flying Eagle Cent. I've never found one!

Congrats on the Barber Quarter and two large cents too. |:cheering:

:perfect10:

aloldstuff
09-13-2013, 04:55 PM
Welcome to the forum from western MA. Some great coins you got there. Don't see many Flying Eagles posted. And your silver quarter is a Barber. Very nice looking Large Cents also.

OxShoeDrew
09-13-2013, 05:29 PM
So you find a flying eagle after being here 10 minutes. lol
You find it at the airport? Darn, I should've checked there. lol
Those are some of the nicest coins around :yes:
I wish you continued success and a safe trip home when you go. :groovy:

chris-s
09-13-2013, 05:44 PM
Thank you! Ive watched a lot of metal detecting video's from the US and I also have never seen a flying eagle cent on them. I guess im just lucky man.
I will be doing more hunts tomorrow
Good luck metal detecting to you all

coinnut
09-13-2013, 08:38 PM
I'd wish you good luck, but you already have it lol Nice finds and I hope you get some more goodies to take back home with you. Safe journey home. :)

lcoutback
09-13-2013, 11:04 PM
Welcome Chris! :waving:

I have an AWESOME collection of rusted out bottle caps in PREMIUM condition. Care to trade for that Flying Eagle? :hysterical: