PDA

View Full Version : Silver keeps coming

wisconsin digger
09-13-2013, 05:52 PM
Though the big finds are slowing I have managed to plug away enough to hit 261 silver today. Found 2 Merc's in a Park I used to hunt with my Dad in the 70's. Next goal is 400 wheats. Been a great year with the Etrac. Hope the weather holds as this is the best time of the year to hunt in Wisconsin. Wisconsin digger
Photo of last 2 Merc's and some previous finds.

PL8MAN
09-13-2013, 05:55 PM
Sweet finds ! thumbsup01

coinnut
09-13-2013, 08:54 PM
Not only are you doing great on the silver, but your Indian collection must be nice too. Congrats on them numbers for this year :clapping:

Tony Two-Cent
09-14-2013, 07:26 AM
Congrats on the nice finds! You are doing great on the silver. Is that 261 silvers all-time or for the year?

Fall is my favorite time to detect but it is still way too dry here in Illinois. We need rain bad.

Keep up the good work!

:congrats:

wisconsin digger
09-14-2013, 10:32 AM
Just got back into the Hobby last year with a Garrett GTP 1350. I thought people were crazy for spending 1500 on an etrac. Last year with the Garrett I found 111 silver which was way more than I expected. I got so hooked that I bought the etrac over the winter for this season. The 261 is this year (obviously helped by the sweet church grounds I found). The etrac finds silver in almost every park I hunt. I have an OLD church woods I hunted with my Dad in the 70's and it produced some real old coins. I hunted it with the Garrett and still managed a few old coins (Barber quarter, V-nickel and 4 Indians). I went there again this summer with the etrac and found 19 silver dimes (8 Barbers and a sweet 1916 Merc) 5 V nickels, 11 Indians and 4 Buffalos. The etrac makes all the difference. Are the laws easing up in Illinois or are they still holding down the Hobby. Kepp digging