PDA

View Full Version : Hunt with Rob this past Sunday.

MassDirtFisher
09-13-2013, 10:36 PM
Met up will Rob around 630 and we beat feet up to Vermont for a bit of everything hunt, cellar holes, fields and an old home hunt. My younger brother told me about a few places we could go and hunt. One of the hunts was very good to us. Within a few steps I nailed a KG only an inch deep. I gave that one to my brother as he is still learning the ropes plus Its just something nice to do for your younger brother. It didnt take long to snag another couple coppers. Rob did very well he scored a very nice fugio and a few other coppers including a draped cent. These are a few of the finds, the others are still in my pouch out in the van. Hard to tell from the picture but the large cent does have a 1799 under the 1800. The fields and home were hunted, but not well at all. We left the front of the home pretty undisturbed and I will return sunday for a sniper coil hunt. Have fun everyone, Happy Hunting!!

del
09-13-2013, 10:45 PM
:wow: hey Tim , great to hear from you , welcome back :cheering: :cheering: congrats on the very nice selection of coppers :loveit: :smitten: the draped bust is very apealing wth its nice patina. :clapping: :clapping:

Dan

MassDirtFisher
09-13-2013, 10:54 PM
:wow: hey Tim , great to hear from you , welcome back :cheering: :cheering: congrats on the very nice selection of coppers :loveit: :smitten: the draped bust is very apealing wth its nice patina. :clapping: :clapping:

Dan

We wasted so much time on the cellars and wooded area, If we started our hunt at the homesite we would have probably got another handful of coins. I will see what we left on sunday. Fingers crossed for some early silver. I have a bucket list I want to work on in those fields. Its wonderful to be back. I have been out maybe 5 or 6 times this year. I have to put my family first. So when I am allowed time, I do what I can. Thank you Del for the welcome back. I appreciate it very much. Happy Hunting!!

Lodge Scent
09-14-2013, 07:21 AM
Nice hunt and a nice looking DB :congrats:

Tony Two-Cent
09-14-2013, 07:28 AM
Wow, that draped bust is GORGEOUS! Look at the detail on it! :drool:

I would give my left arm to find something like that!

:perfect10:

HEAVYMETALNUT
09-14-2013, 06:57 PM
some great coins! what an adventure from robs story lol but ya struck coppers at the end of the rainbow! good luck on sunday! :groovy:

MassDirtFisher
09-15-2013, 05:49 PM
Its fun to know we walk over history every day. I love bringing it to the light....and holding it. Happy Hunting!!

RobW
09-17-2013, 07:32 AM
It started out rough >:#...but quickly became one of the best hunts I've ever been on
The coppers were popping out of the ground..all early
The scenery was beautiful....up on a hillside, overlooking a small old New England town, walking through a hayfield, beautiful day, in the shadow of an 1700's Inn :daydream:....so relaxing

Thanks for having me along Tim thumbsup01

MassDirtFisher
09-17-2013, 04:25 PM
We will pull early silver from there. Its a sure bet. We are going to pound those fields. There is another field that runs uphill to the rear. To get there you pass some really old apple trees. I cant wait to get back there. We need to get Al up there. The colors will be coming out soon. We could be up there forever.....all those fields. :detecting:

Thiltzy
09-17-2013, 04:55 PM
Looks like you guys scored a fantastic spot to hunt :congrats:
Some really nice old coins popping out there hope you land some old silver :cheering: looking forward to more finds

aloldstuff
09-18-2013, 05:26 AM
Tim, glad to see you here again. :waving: Great, great finds both you and Rob made. The Draped Bust looks fantastic and I will give my left arm for one of those. Really do wish I could make it up there with you, maybe I can get a Sunday off.

RobW
09-18-2013, 07:36 AM
I will give my left arm for one of those.

Well at least it isn't your left leg..cause that's not worth anything...... rofl rofl

aloldstuff
09-22-2013, 06:16 AM
Well at least it isn't your left leg..cause that's not worth anything...... rofl rofl

It's the right leg that's not worth anything, sort of like your camera..... lol

Tim, Great pictures...........

CTTodd
09-22-2013, 08:33 AM
That's a lot of coppers great day spent with friends

del
09-22-2013, 03:24 PM

It's the right leg that's not worth anything, sort of like your camera..... lol

<} lol rofl :-> :->