PDA

View Full Version : Summary of the Honey Hole

wisconsin digger
09-14-2013, 10:21 AM
I was fortunate to find an unexpected virgin Church grounds and the really fortunate thing it is less than 2 miles from my house. I have hit it hard all summer and believe it is pretty well depleted (always a coin or two to be found yet). The summary for the park was: 1018 total coins of which 176 were silver (31 nickels, 120 dimes, 20 quarters and 5 halves). A few older coins were a 1900's barber dime (part of my dime trifecta) a V-nickel and a rough Indian head. Also found24 Buffalo's and 3 (non-silver) Kennedy Halves. I don't think I'll ever find a setup like this again but it was fun while it lasted. Included some pictures of previous finds but not 100% sure they are from this spot.

milco
09-14-2013, 05:33 PM
That sounds like an awesome old spot brought back to life by a little focus, a new machine and a renewed insterest! Congrats! Would love to see a picture of all 170+ silver from there, WOW!!

del
09-14-2013, 11:12 PM
that sounds like a great place to detect , great totals and almost 18% silver coins found is a very nice percentage ratio. I hope you can coax a few more goodies from there wisconsin digger , would love to see pictures of the best or semi keyed coins

Dan

Fire Fighter 43
09-15-2013, 10:45 AM
That is an amazing site you found. I know the feeling I've been working a site like that for the last few years with 100 plus silvers and countless other treasures. WTG and keep working it I'm sure there is more.

Tony Two-Cent
09-15-2013, 04:16 PM
That is a mind-blowing amount of silver from one site! No doubt that it was virgin territory. That's the kind of spot we all dream about!

:congrats:

coinnut
09-15-2013, 06:47 PM
It just goes to show you that there are still un-hit areas :shocked04: Nice place and close to home. I bet it is hard to believe it may be done giving up coins :crying02:

RobW
09-16-2013, 01:18 PM
I know the feeling :smitten:...got one of those places last year...and it still produces! But now you actually have to hunt :detecting:... lol

tanacat
09-16-2013, 03:38 PM
:shocked04:stretcher: :shocked04:stretcher: :shocked04:stretcher: :shocked04:stretcher:

Wow! so happy for you :clapping: And a bit envious too :envious:

...that must be such a rush to pull that much silver from one site.

I'm with Milco lets see it all together lol I bet you've had fun organizing/counting/playing with all that silver |:cheering: