PDA

View Full Version : Victoria (Secrets?) garter belt clasp, 1909 Wheatie X2, cool relics

mdakin
09-14-2013, 03:10 PM
These are finds from a couple weeks ago I just got around to taking pictures of. I've found a ton of those garter buckles, but never one that said Victoria on it. I wonder if it's linked to Victoria Secrets Just about struck out getting a 1909S VDB wheatie, but all told this site has yielded 30+ wheaties all in the teens in the 20's. Sweet colonial buckle. Clothing token by Menter, and a nice Eqyptian motif what's it. Anyone have an idea what it may have been used for? I'm assuming it's 20's/30's era. Enjoy the pics.

del
09-14-2013, 11:18 PM
Matt i love that shoe buckle frame i was thinking about it and it could be made from (German silver) which in reality wasn't made from silver at all but somewhat resembled it. the Egypt motif item looks like it has some age to it , these designed items were hugely popular around 1900 and i suspect you piece was one of many like it from a bracelet or necklace . cool finds |:cheering: |:cheering:

OxShoeDrew
09-15-2013, 09:33 AM
Nice job on the post! RobL found a bell like that one and finished it very nicely.
http://www.americandetectorist.com/forum/index.php?topic=13226.0
Congrats :clapping:

Crunch7077
09-16-2013, 12:57 AM
These are finds from a couple weeks ago I just got around to taking pictures of. I've found a ton of those garter buckles, but never one that said Victoria on it. I wonder if it's linked to Victoria Secrets Just about struck out getting a 1909S VDB wheatie, but all told this site has yielded 30+ wheaties all in the teens in the 20's. Sweet colonial buckle. Clothing token by Menter, and a nice Eqyptian motif what's it. Anyone have an idea what it may have been used for? I'm assuming it's 20's/30's era. Enjoy the pics.
Very nice display of finds....Congrats !