PDA

View Full Version : Finally Back At It

z118
09-15-2013, 05:22 PM
Getting back from our two weeks at the beach has been hectic to say the least. Things have been nuts at work and at home; especially the latter as my step daughter is getting married next weekend so the Mrs is in full blown crazy wedding mode. This has meant no detecting since getting back from vacation two weeks ago - until this morning when I was able to get in a short hunt. Not having dug in the dirt for a month has really broken my stride. I had a hard time figuring out where to go and wasn't sure what the ground conditions were going to be like at any given spot. I wound up at a new location that I've had my eye on all summer. Conditions were lousy - long grass soaked with dew and bone dry dirt. Still, I was pretty lucky and this new spot paid off with 66 coins total including 6 wheats, a 1943 War Nickel, and a 1945 Merc. It sure felt good getting back into the swing. It's amazing how therapeutic the glint of silver in the dirt can be. Hopefully I'll be able to sneak in a hunt or two this week.

Happy hunting...

del
09-15-2013, 06:52 PM
It's amazing how therapeutic the glint of silver in the dirt can be.

you said it , a very relaxing hobby with some excitement thrown in there from time to time.

congrats on the silver :cheering: :cheering:

Crunch7077
09-15-2013, 11:18 PM
Getting back from our two weeks at the beach has been hectic to say the least. Things have been nuts at work and at home; especially the latter as my step daughter is getting married next weekend so the Mrs is in full blown crazy wedding mode. This has meant no detecting since getting back from vacation two weeks ago - until this morning when I was able to get in a short hunt. Not having dug in the dirt for a month has really broken my stride. I had a hard time figuring out where to go and wasn't sure what the ground conditions were going to be like at any given spot. I wound up at a new location that I've had my eye on all summer. Conditions were lousy - long grass soaked with dew and bone dry dirt. Still, I was pretty lucky and this new spot paid off with 66 coins total including 6 wheats, a 1943 War Nickel, and a 1945 Merc. It sure felt good getting back into the swing. It's amazing how therapeutic the glint of silver in the dirt can be. Hopefully I'll be able to sneak in a hunt or two this week.

Happy hunting...
Congrats on the Silver !

bob_e99
09-16-2013, 08:45 AM
It's amazing how therapeutic the glint of silver in the dirt can be.

Happy hunting...

It's amazing that when I've been hunting for a long time not finding anything, getting tired and then suddenly a silver will re-energize me and I'm good to go for another four or five hours :happydance01: :happydance01: :happydance01:

:congrats: on getting back to :detecting: and for finding some silver. Your war nickel count is really getting up there. Funny how my low signals are still pull tabs crying01

Continued good luck.

SeabeeRon
09-16-2013, 10:43 AM
Great post Z, been enjoying your posts for years! :cool:

coinnut
09-16-2013, 08:39 PM
It's amazing that when I've been hunting for a long time not finding anything, getting tired and then suddenly a silver will re-energize me and I'm good to go for another four or five hours :happydance01: :happydance01: :happydance01:

:thinkingabout: Yep, that happens cellar hole hunting, but all we get is a button and we are suckered into hunting for 4 hours more lol Congrats on your hunt Z

CTTodd
09-16-2013, 10:12 PM
That's a lot of diggin. Good for you

giant056
09-17-2013, 04:31 AM
Great score on the merc and war nickel thumbsup01 :congrats:

Tony Two-Cent
09-18-2013, 09:58 AM
Congrats on the good finds! That new spot should continue to pay off for you when the conditions are better. :yes: