PDA

View Full Version : sat/sun hunts

bob_e99
09-16-2013, 08:39 AM
Saturday was such a beautiful day so of course I headed back to the site where I found the two seated coins. After about two and a half hours of finding just a bit of clad, I started wandering down an old road that was quickly vanishing and becoming part of the woods and heading towards private property where I managed to pull up the 1942 merc (on the road, not the private property). Not a seated coin but still silver. That was about it for Saturday.

On Sunday, I hit a site closer to home (more woods) where I pulled up a lot of junk, three hot wheel cars, a shell casing, a metal loop and a 1941 mercury dime. Interesting how the two dimes look so different in their coloring. Interesting that two of the three cars were in pretty deep woods and down fairly deep. Thanks for looking and HH.

SeabeeRon
09-16-2013, 10:42 AM
Nice Mercs and I love that Dozer speaking as a former equipment operator! :cool:

z118
09-16-2013, 11:45 AM
Nice Mercs! I'm going to ask again, how come you never took me to these sweet spots of yours on any of our hunts together? Hmmm:huh: lol

RobW
09-16-2013, 01:16 PM
Always love seeing silver in the hole :loveit:

coinnut
09-16-2013, 08:33 PM
I think the dozer buried the other two cars and then fell in. That is the only way they can get that deep lol Nice silvers, and most people would think silver always comes up clean, but that is not the case. Water in the soil has a lot to do with the tarnishing of it. Keep Z away from your hot spots ;)

CTTodd
09-17-2013, 05:40 PM
Nice silver, good post mentioning the private property. Their are a lot of new diggers out there that need to hear these things. HH

Tony Two-Cent
09-18-2013, 09:52 AM
Congrats on the Mercs and other cool finds! |:cheering: