PDA

View Full Version : My oldest silver to date!

Snapolson
09-16-2013, 10:45 PM
Hi all! It's been a while since I've posted. Anyway, I got out today for an afternoon hunt. First I found the old Fire Department button. It has Waterbury on the back. Then I found a bent Wheat penny (can't read the date though).

I hunted for a while and wasn't finding anything. I was getting ready to call it quits and I decided to climb the side of a steep slope to make my way back to the car. On the way up I found two Wheaties laying on the surface. Wow, now we're getting somewhere. A little farther up I hit a perfect 84-85 on the Omega. I figured another Wheat. This was showing just below the surface. Man, we got a silver! But this wasn't just any silver. I flipped it over and saw Miss Seated Liberty!! :shocked04: And it's an 1850 to boot!! :happy: I couldn't do a happy dance cause I would have rolled down the hill. Also, I don't think I scratched the dime, I think it was there before. This thing was a half inch deep, tops! This is now my oldest silver coin to date.

Then a foot away just under the surface again, there was the Indian. It's an 1893. I'm definitely heading back to scour the hill some more. Thanks for looking and Happy Hunting! :groovy:

Oh, I almost forgot. Coin Star has been good to me too! I've found three silvers! The Canadian dime and 64 Rosie were in one visit and the 46 Rosie was just the other day. Sweet! I've had a pretty dismal silver count this year from beeping so every little bit helps.

coinnut
09-16-2013, 11:02 PM
Something is happening on that hill :drool: Congrats on your oldest silver :clapping: If those coins were missed, there has got to be more :thinkingabout:

giant056
09-17-2013, 04:21 AM
Big congrats :congrats: on the seated and other great old coins thumbsup01 I found a seated dime several years back that was no more than an inch down myself, my brother kept saying that coin hasn't been there that longand I kept saying It's still a seated :grin:

Tony Two-Cent
09-17-2013, 07:03 AM
Beautiful seated dime, and an OLD one too! |:cheering:

I'd be hitting that slope some more! :yes:

RobW
09-17-2013, 10:48 AM
Those are some nice finds..I found a FD button like that last year. Congrats on the seated :clapping:

bob_e99
09-17-2013, 03:08 PM
That is a beautiful seated dime. :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

The other silver and the IH make for a simply outstanding hunt. |:cheering: |:cheering: |:cheering:

CTTodd
09-17-2013, 05:31 PM
Great coin good for you.