PDA

View Full Version : Short Tuesday Hunt

bob_e99
09-17-2013, 03:20 PM
I had a lunch appointment with a friend today so I thought I would hit a wooded area in the morning before I went to the restaurant. The first two trailheads I went to were at the end of roads that did not allow any parking (very frustrating) so I essentially gave up and tried to find someplace else to hunt (didn't have my normal plan B in place).
After driving around for about 45 minutes I accidentally came across another trailhead into the woods and this one had a couple of places to park. I didn't go in very far (about 1/3 of a mile) and came across a clearing with a fireplace (circle of stones) so I decided to play around the area. Neatest clearing with a fireplace I have seen in a long, long time. Only one can in the fire area and no trash at all in the clearing. In any case, the area turned to be pretty good as I got a bit of clad, some wheats and three silver Rosies in only about two hours. <: Sometimes short hunts turn out pretty good.

Thanks for looking and HH.

RobW
09-17-2013, 03:28 PM
Wow, that paid off. thumbsup01

It's amazing how much time we lose just trying to find a place. I try explaining that to my wife. She goes to the gym, I go detecting. I tell her, well you just go down the street, you know where you are going every time. I have to drive for an hour to get where I am going, get my few hours in, then drive an hour back. That's why I need all day to detect. lol

CTTodd
09-17-2013, 05:28 PM
That's a lot of diggin for sure

z118
09-18-2013, 06:32 AM
Nice digs, you are on quite a roll lately! Keep swinging!

Tony Two-Cent
09-18-2013, 09:53 AM
Three more silvers for you, Bob! You're on a hot streak! :detecting:

:congrats:

coinnut
09-18-2013, 07:38 PM
Quick Strike Bob .... that's what we'll call you lol Nice score on the silvers. If I did that I would get Zincolns 8/

giant056
09-18-2013, 11:12 PM
Very nice trio of silver rosies and bunch of wheats :congrats: