PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate headphones

jbolf6
09-19-2013, 03:54 PM
Hi everyone, I own 3 pair of headphones and I am looking for that ultimate pair. What do you recommend for comfort and clarity? I have a pair of Liberty, Gray Ghost Black Widow, and Sun Ray Pro Gold. Thanks diggers! thumbsup01

CTTodd
09-19-2013, 06:08 PM
Gezz I would think that you have it covered. Between the Grey Ghosts and the Pro golds. The only other set that I know a lot about is the Killer Bee wasp model that I like very much. I've been thinking about trying the Pro Golds. I'm never totally happy either. HH

Epi-hunter
09-19-2013, 10:24 PM
I would agree that you have some great choices there. I haven't ever tried the Sun Ray headphones (although I love love LOVE the Sun Ray probes) but I have both Killer Bee wasp headphones and Grey Ghost. I love both but prefer the Killer Bees... I use the GG's as a backup now.

Headphones really make a huge difference.

CTTodd
09-20-2013, 10:24 AM
I would agree that you have some great choices there. I haven't ever tried the Sun Ray headphones (although I love love LOVE the Sun Ray probes) but I have both Killer Bee wasp headphones and Grey Ghost. I love both but prefer the Killer Bees... I use the GG's as a backup now.

Headphones really make a huge difference.

Of all the standard head phones that come with the detectors they have all been junk. Then there's the Grey Ghosts which I like. My favorites so far have been the wasp model Killer Bees. I would like to try the pro Golds though

Tony Two-Cent
09-20-2013, 10:33 AM
After almost 3 years I'm still using the Koss UR-30 headphones that came with my E-Trac. :dontknow:

I guess since I've never used any other headphones I don't know what I'm missing. :thinkingabout:

RobW
09-20-2013, 10:46 AM
After almost 3 years I'm still using the Koss UR-30 headphones that came with my E-Trac. :dontknow:

I guess since I've never used any other headphones I don't know what i'm missing. :thinkingabout:

:shocked04: :shocked04: :shocked04: :shocked04: :shocked04:....you must not detect much..... rofl rofl rofl rofl

Upgrading to the Killer Bees was a great investment of my wife's money..... lol (she did buy them for me for Xmas)

I had issues with the male end of the plug ( on the Koss), it coming straight out would get tangled and eventually completely messed up the plug to where they weren't viable anymore

chief5709
09-20-2013, 11:09 AM

I guess since I've never used any other headphones I don't know what I'm missing. :thinkingabout:

Me too!

Dick Stout
09-20-2013, 05:18 PM
I find it amusing that there are so many choices and that you all have multiple pairs? I know, I am from the old school....

CTTodd
09-20-2013, 05:24 PM
Me too!

It's hard to see friends so misguided. All you can do is sit back and wait for them to hit bottom.