PDA

View Full Version : Maybe I should look closer at my finds.

MassDirtFisher
09-24-2013, 09:37 PM
It appears to be something. Im not excited yet...but Its going to soak for a while. Here is a sneak peek. Hope it is what I think it is. Found in Vt last week. Linked states?? Chime in....... :dontknow:

del
09-25-2013, 12:13 AM
:thinkingabout: :thinkingabout: :->

Boulder
09-25-2013, 12:18 AM
Interesting indeed, can't wait to see what is hiding beneath.
Hope it turns out to be a winner.
Best of luck and take more pics during the unmasking process, John. :->

CTTodd
09-25-2013, 07:24 AM
If its larger then a LC then my guess is a Cart wheel

Ill Digger
09-25-2013, 11:01 AM
It looks like a button I've seen before. Is it button like? Or is more flat like a coin? :dontknow:

angellionel
09-25-2013, 01:40 PM
Not sure if these slightly enhanced images will be of any help, but it does appear that there is an eagle in the design with wings extended? :confused: It could provide some clues to assist in identifying the item.

[attachimg=1]

[attachimg=2]

MassDirtFisher
09-25-2013, 04:27 PM
After just a few hours...here are a few updated pics. Not the best quality. I am pretty sure after counting 13 ovals Im pretty confident...and Im seeing a few other clues.

MassDirtFisher
09-25-2013, 04:28 PM
Each one of the ovals has a letter or cursive letter maybe. I can make out a letter or 2 in the middle...barely

del
09-25-2013, 04:54 PM
Tim its definately not any of the linked states variety of GW button none have the multiple circular dotted lines as yours .compare it with the GW'S in this link
http://kirkmitchell.tripod.com/CobbGW/index.html

keep at it but i'm pretty sure is a very onate and designed dandy button but that in itself is a great sign as your in the right area to find GW's .

MassDirtFisher
09-25-2013, 05:53 PM
I appreciate the help. I will soak it for a few days and see what comes out. Thanks.

HEAVYMETALNUT
09-25-2013, 06:29 PM
Tim its definately not any of the linked states variety of GW button none have the multiple circular dotted lines as yours .compare it with the GW'S in this link
http://kirkmitchell.tripod.com/CobbGW/index.html

keep at it but i'm pretty sure is a very onate and designed dandy button but that in itself is a great sign as your in the right area to find GW's .

I agree with Dan,a very ornate dandy button.funny how your mind sees things that you wanna see.happens all the time to me.still a very nice colonial button.i'd put the brass brush to that baby with some soap n water and it should come out lookin like this

del
09-25-2013, 06:36 PM
funny how your mind sees things that you wanna see.happens all the time to me.

yeah we know Dave .....

hey does this lead counterfiet count as a copper .... I get to count this pewter slug as a copper , right ...
so this brass token counts as a copper , yes... it has some copper to it can i count it as a copper ...

lol rofl rofl

Boulder
09-25-2013, 07:29 PM
And the button is!
I luv this hobby... :interesting:

MassDirtFisher
09-25-2013, 08:25 PM
Whatever it was....no idea. Its a big scratched up shiny button now. Time to find more. :detecting:

I may have been to aggressive with the brush.

Boulder
09-25-2013, 08:50 PM
Sorry to hear that, better luck next time. :crying02:

RobW
09-26-2013, 07:23 AM
You SSSSSOOOOOO want a GW....keep on wishing....and swinging...and digging...one's bound to come up.....maybe :twirlingeyes:

Tony Two-Cent
09-26-2013, 06:57 PM
Maybe I'm not looking at the correct features, but I count 14 ovals around the perimeter. :dontknow:

coinnut
09-26-2013, 07:29 PM
I think those are leaves. It is a nicely decorated button. Very busy design. I bet that thing brand new would have stood out. We see a lot of decorated buttons, and that looks like a nicer design. thumbsup01