PDA

View Full Version : Week plus of hunting

bob_e99
10-01-2013, 08:09 AM
Since my short hunt where I found three silver Rosies, the weather has been simply wonderful so I've spent a lot of time detecting. This hobby can be strange to say the least. I have spent days hitting old parks and various fields walking away in some cases with barely a couple of clad coins. I think these old places are just too obvious and I don't seem to have the skill level needed to detect anything that may be down deep. In any case, without showing most of the clad, here are the results:

[attachimg=1] [attachimg=2]

[attachimg=3] [attachimg=4]
I got lucky returning back to my car and found the medallion. This was pretty much it for the time from when I found the three Rosies to September 26. Friday my luck started to improve. I'll skip the pictures of the clad to keep the number of images down. I nicked the merc but was lucky to get it out of the ground as it was in packed clay that was hard as concrete so I'm not complaining.

[attachimg=5] [attachimg=6]

Saturday my luck continued a bit.

[attachimg=7] [attachimg=8]
[attachimg=9]

And Sunday again a bit of luck.

[attachimg=10] [attach=11]

Thanks for looking and happy hunting.

z118
10-01-2013, 09:59 AM
Man, you are on quite a tear! I've been trying to tell you for some time about the difficulty in obvious spots! For me at least I tend to have better luck in the out of the way, unusual places than in old parks and whatnot. At this point, it seems like it's better to hit the places that are likely to be overlooked. This isn't to say there aren't still goodies in the old parks. Just that for me (and seemingly for you of late) sometimes those weird spots can be a little more productive (and fun).

giant056
10-02-2013, 05:40 AM
Great bunch of silvers you got there, I like the sterling medallion and the tokens are cool thumbsup01
:congrats:

Fire Fighter 43
10-03-2013, 10:01 AM
Congrats on the silver and other finds, WTG |:cheering:

aloldstuff
10-04-2013, 05:31 AM
Very nice group of silvers you got there. I still think that your level of skill is improving and the luck aspect is diminishing. Hope this silver streak continues for you.

coinnut
10-04-2013, 08:06 PM
That a good number of silvers for the couple of days that you were out. Most places have been hit, some harder than others. Good coins are everywhere, but sometimes just out of reach. You did very well with the silver you found thumbsup01

Cousin Cheech
10-17-2013, 03:40 PM
Even with the silver, the Happy Hampton token sticks out to me! It was one of my favorite spots as a kid in Hampton Beach, NH.... Sadly it burned down a couple years ago.... today its a beautiful parking lot.................. so sad.

bob_e99
10-17-2013, 04:23 PM
Very nice group of silvers you got there. I still think that your level of skill is improving and the luck aspect is diminishing. Hope this silver streak continues for you.

Thank you. I very much appreciate your comment.

That a good number of silvers for the couple of days that you were out. Most places have been hit, some harder than others. Good coins are everywhere, but sometimes just out of reach. You did very well with the silver you found thumbsup01

I have to keep telling myself that when I'm on a clad only streak. Thank you.

Even with the silver, the Happy Hampton token sticks out to me! It was one of my favorite spots as a kid in Hampton Beach, NH.... Sadly it burned down a couple years ago.... today its a beautiful parking lot.................. so sad.

Yes, I've spent some fun hours in that place. I was a real pin ball addict for a while.

Thank you everyone for taking the time to post your very kind comments. It is always sincerely appreciated.

JdsCoins
10-18-2013, 07:12 PM
Nice chain of hunts! That quarter worst bent one I've ever seen. :omg:

bob_e99
10-18-2013, 07:27 PM
Nice chain of hunts! That quarter worst bent one I've ever seen. :omg:

Thank you. That quarter has been shot and it's not uncommon if you hunt in the woods. I was debating whether to flatten it out but have left it as is so far.

JdsCoins
10-18-2013, 07:46 PM
If it was my find I would leave it that way. Has a lot of character. I don't woods hunt a lot so I've never found one. Best of luck on your next hunt! :grin: