PDA

View Full Version : One More Silver

fyrffytr1
10-01-2013, 09:14 PM
I went back to the construction site that I and a friend or two have been hitting pretty hard for the last couple weeks and found two more Wheat pennies (1918, 1940) and one more Mercury dime (also a 1940). I also found the front to a locket. I will have to go back and see if I can find the other half.

coinnut
10-03-2013, 03:54 PM
Nice looking locket. Hope you get the rest of it. Congrats on the Merc too. Construction sites can be goldmines :yes:

fyrffytr1
10-03-2013, 09:55 PM
I rode by the site on my way home today and found it covered in a very thick layer of hay! Hopefully we will get some rain Sunday from TS Karen that will help flatten it out.

coinnut
10-04-2013, 06:57 PM
I rode by the site on my way home today and found it covered in a very thick layer of hay! Hopefully we will get some rain Sunday from TS Karen that will help flatten it out.

Don't they put hay down to let the new grass grow? If they seeded already, you are probably done there.

OxShoeDrew
10-04-2013, 07:40 PM
Delicate locket :yes: I hope you can get back there.

fyrffytr1
10-04-2013, 07:51 PM
Don't they put hay down to let the new grass grow? If they seeded already, you are probably done there.

This is a road construction site. They put the hay down to help with erosion that may come from tropical storm Karen when it possibly passes through the area Sunday or Monday. That's according to a worker I talked to tonight. I don't know if that is the truth or he wa just telling me a story.

coinnut
10-04-2013, 09:12 PM
This is a road construction site. They put the hay down to help with erosion that may come from tropical storm Karen when it possibly passes through the area Sunday or Monday. That's according to a worker I talked to tonight. I don't know if that is the truth or he wa just telling me a story.

Then go for it lol

fyrffytr1
10-04-2013, 10:56 PM
I went back this evening with hope of finding the other half of the locket. I didn't find it and my only good find was a 1919s Wheat penny.