PDA

View Full Version : New from Kentucky!

Commotion
05-11-2010, 08:21 AM
Didn't want to hijack Tanacat's post about her silver finds, so introducing myself here.
Always thought as a kid a detector would be fun, but never thought much more of it until Tanacat put pictures up on her facebook of her cool finds.
Went home to Louisiana over CHristmas and detected for the first time with my stepdad who has had a minelab for a couple years and barely used it. I was hooked!
Just purchased my own (that I am dissapointed with, so not naming) and hunted my first real hunt with Tana and Handyman/Kevin this past weekend.
Looking forward to more hunting this weekend and hopefully meeting up with Epi-Hunter also.
Love looking at everyone's pictures!

angellionel
05-11-2010, 08:39 AM
Welcome to the forum. Metal detecting is an enjoyable hobby, and it can also pay for itself, but the history behind what is found is also what fascinates many. Have fun!

Commotion
05-11-2010, 08:42 AM
You are so right, that is what draws me to it, the excitement and fascination of the historical nature of the finds. I'm just learning that many do it for the coin collecting aspect which I'm guessing adds to the excitement.

yazoo
05-11-2010, 09:04 AM
Welcome to the site, good luck. H.H. Yazoo

Ill Digger
05-11-2010, 12:00 PM
Welcome to the forum from the corn fields of Illinois :grin:
Your in good hands with Tana & Angie!!
I think you'll become a collector of a few different things now lol
It just happens :yes: lol
Good havin' ya here thumbsup01

Epi-hunter
05-11-2010, 12:07 PM
Hey Heather :)

You are disappointed with the (fill in the blank) metal detector? Okay, we have to talk. Why are you disappointed in it? I have someone you need to talk to, who has used that detector very extensively. Actually two people. I'll give you their names :)

Glad you are here! I never dreamed there would be so many people from my local area here.

del
05-11-2010, 01:20 PM
hello Heather , welcome to the forum . becareful of that Tana Girl i hear she likes to cause trouble lol lol
ok ok just kidding Tana :tongue: :poke:

tanacat
05-11-2010, 02:17 PM
hello Heather , welcome to the forum . becareful of that Tana Girl i hear she likes to cause trouble lol lol
ok ok just kidding Tana :tongue: :poke:

lol UR so funny :bop: :bop:

WElcome Heather!!! Glad you are here :yes: Hey, you didn't post a pic of your best find from the other day!

handyman
05-11-2010, 10:05 PM
Hi Heather, Glad to see you here. Theres alot of good people and info. here. :yes:

randy
05-11-2010, 10:15 PM
Welcome from Chester County, PA

coinnut
05-12-2010, 07:24 AM
Welcome Heather, Glad you found us and hope we can all share our adventures lol Don't worry about Tana, she's a good egg ;), it's Del you have to stay away from rofl....just kidding Dan :smitten: Don't be too dissapointed with your machine. Every machine can find some treasures, you just have to rely on it's strengths. :yes: I started when I was a kid and have enjoyed it ever since. It even outlasted my first wife rofl So again, welcome aboard!

tanacat
05-12-2010, 10:58 AM
Welcome Heather, Glad you found us and hope we can all share our adventures lol Don't worry about Tana, she's a good egg ;), it's Del you have to stay away from rofl....just kidding Dan :smitten:

lol Aw thanx shux... Coinnut and Del are funny guys, should be on SNL (maybe spark it up/improve ratings to the good ol' days when Bill Murray, Chevy Chase, Eddie Murphy, church lady, etc... were on there)

del
05-12-2010, 01:03 PM
lol Aw thanx shux... Coinnut and Del are funny guys, should be on SNL (maybe spark it up/improve ratings to the good ol' days when Bill Murray, Chevy Chase, Eddie Murphy, church lady, etc... were on there)

we are two wild and crazy guys lol lol ah the good ole days on SNL , wow thats some compliment Tana .

Commotion
05-12-2010, 07:46 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome, guys, can't wait to really get at it and post some neat finds!

Lowjiber
05-13-2010, 05:58 AM
Welcome to the forum and your new obsession....woops hobby. lol

Geekwinkle
05-13-2010, 07:54 AM
Welcome from the Louisville area! :cheesysmile: