PDA

View Full Version : Muck Bay ... 4 Gold Today 1 Silver

whydah
10-02-2013, 02:58 PM
thumbsup01Well I have been waiting to do this area for about a year now... The last time we were there it was Winter and about 25 degrees....I figured since everything was sanded in... It was time to think hard about areas that I haven't touched in quite a while... My buddy Leprechaun got Gold there last visit....he was rite on time and off we went... Got to my old area that gave Gold in the past, just about 2 hours before low tide... We worked the area slowly, and my first target was a stinkin Lincoln, back into the water and bang ! my second target was an Old Gold diamond setting, that was missing the stone.... Monkey off my back and it was Gold... I was in the correct frame of mind after scoring so fast... Started to grid the area, and a few minutes later ring number 2 came into sight... A beautiful 14 K Gold Wedding Band.... Now on cloud 9, I kept gridding, and a few coins here and there, I heard the low grunt of my Minelab 30 - 30 and I was sure it was Gold.... I couldn't believe it, when I looked into the mud I just dumped out, and sitting on top was my 3rd Gold Ring within 1 hour, This one had a Diamond that was set into a flower design....Back to the water and a sinker here and there, I tried to stay focused on gridding the area, it was thick with years of shin deep muck... A few feet and bang! another low tone,,,, hmmmm could it be? YES another Gold for the morning, man what a roll today....This one was very deep, and I could just about hear it... Glad I dug it too.... A very nice two tone White & Yellow Gold Wedding Band marked 14 K .... On our way out, I got a Sterling Antique Ring deep in the mud also, looks like some kind of an Indian design all around the outside of it... Maybe worth another visit soon... Not done gridding the area..Happy Hunting and thanks for looking.... :pirate:

RobW
10-02-2013, 03:21 PM
:shocked04:...that's some great finds....your very consistent in the goodies :pirate:

aloldstuff
10-02-2013, 04:53 PM
Let's see....4 gold rings....yeah I'd be going back. :congrats: on enduring the muck.

coinnut
10-02-2013, 07:51 PM
That's it...we are all going to follow you to your next hunt lol Super hunt. You probably hit gold better than anyone else I have seen. Congrats on a very good hunt :beerbuddy:

whydah
10-02-2013, 08:10 PM
That's it...we are all going to follow you to your next hunt lol Super hunt. You probably hit gold better than anyone else I have seen. Congrats on a very good hunt :beerbuddy:
hello coin nut. I had a stalker last year and that actually caused me to stop posting my finds...they were yelling for Whydah on the beach..gold makes people crazy sometimes...kinda scary. On another note that's why I no longer keep anything valuable on the premises .... All goodies go to the safety deposit box the same day.... I also take this serious now so I tell people that we are armed one night a week...you pick the night...:). All 3 of us will be at the door...( Me, Smith, and Wessin )... Happy hunting and thanks for looking and your input...I enjoy everyone's comments....

coinnut
10-03-2013, 06:44 AM
hello coin nut. I had a stalker last year and that actually caused me to stop posting my finds...they were yelling for Whydah on the beach..gold makes people crazy sometimes...kinda scary. On another note that's why I no longer keep anything valuable on the premises .... All goodies go to the safety deposit box the same day.... I also take this serious now so I tell people that we are armed one night a week...you pick the night...:). All 3 of us will be at the door...( Me, Smith, and Wessin )... Happy hunting and thanks for looking and your input...I enjoy everyone's comments....

It is scary these days. I think most people know the good finds are not in our houses. It's the stupid, bad people you have to worry about. I think you have security all worked out thumbsup01

Fire Fighter 43
10-03-2013, 10:04 AM
:wow: 4 gold in one day that is great! WTG |:cheering:

jkeefer
11-03-2013, 08:19 PM
What numbers you get on on your 3030 for gold rings? I have the ctx and have yet to find any gold, but not in the right locations, yet. I have passed a few of my own rings and other gold and it seems to vary a bit. Also, any pointers on mode settings, I am all ears. TIA

whydah
11-05-2013, 04:53 PM
I don't go by numbers as much as I do tone and a good repeatable signal... Depth also plays a roll too... My motto is &quot:grin:IG IT ALL that's what we are there for rite?... so we dig junk now and then... think of it as cleaning the parks and beaches... so everybody wins with that....

coinnut
11-06-2013, 08:00 PM
I don't go by numbers as much as I do tone and a good repeatable signal... Depth also plays a roll too... My motto is &quot:grin:IG IT ALL that's what we are there for rite?... so we dig junk now and then... think of it as cleaning the parks and beaches... so everybody wins with that....

Well said and true thumbsup01

SeabeeRon
11-07-2013, 11:25 AM
As a West Coast beach digger I sure enjoy seeing your finds!! It has been a really slow summer and fall out here. We are all hoping for some good storms to move the sand!! And I know what you you mean about lurkers and all the new people in the sand/water!! Continued good luck my friend! :crossfingers: :detecting: