PDA

View Full Version : Question on the frequency you choose to use on your V3i:huh:

wagon wheel
10-02-2013, 06:53 PM
Just wondering how many V3i users choose to use a single frequency when detecting for deep coins? What is the deepest your machine can detect with confidence and accuracy and is that with a single, combination or dual frequency setting? Thanks for your feedback.

Lowjiber
10-03-2013, 06:57 AM
To me, there is a lot more to depth than frequency choice. There's little doubt that lower frequencies will generally get you a little deeper. However, silver has as an affinity for the higher frequencies... and so on.

I coin-shoot with my V using all three frequencies and making sure I've tuned the other parameters, (disc sens, gain, etc) accordingly.

I sent you a copy of The Book of Jack that many have found useful.

wagon wheel
10-03-2013, 01:37 PM
thanks tons...and thanks for the book! I'm just getting back into detecting and have been a bit displeased that my bud with an AT Pro is kicking my butt when it comes to deeper coins! :shocked04:verreaction:

wagon wheel
10-18-2013, 10:15 PM
A short up date on my use of the V3i and the dramatic results. I have tweaked Jack's program a bit and have gone to the single 2.5 frequency and I've been well pleased with the results. 1902 dime, V nickle and a couple of Indian Head pennies. Today a 1917 wheat at a depth of 8+ inches and a 19?6 at at least 10 inches. This is the time of year to be swinging the machine with the ground around here being moist/wet down a significant depth. Thanks Jack for taking the time to respond to my questions and your excellent encouragement. hey though, I'm saving my findings for that other name brand machine!!!

CyberSage
10-18-2013, 10:26 PM
Sounds like you are doing well with the V3i! That's just great. I used to use the 2.5 frequency with a V-rated Super12 coil. That was some of the deepest holes I ever dug. lol Congratulations on a nice bunch of finds.