PDA

View Full Version : More 'treasure' from the sticks... (not)

lcoutback
10-03-2013, 10:56 PM
Hi all! :waving:

I had a chance to play in the dirt last Friday for about an hour. While I didn't net nearly the number of bottle caps (I'm learning I don't like things that 'growl' at me, LOL) I did find a pretty cool little brooch pin. Nothing special, but it beats the heck out of bottle caps and pull tabs! >:{

[attach=1][attachimg=2][attachimg=1]

Tonight on my way home from an out-of-town job I stopped at a rest stop and figured 'what the heck'. Again, nothing exciting, but I 'think' the fact that I keep digging tiny shards of foil and .22 cal casings is a good thing? At least I'm able to pinpoint a little better! :rolleyes: I just KNOW that someday I'll actually find something banner-worthy!! ::huh:: >:{

[attachimg=3]

Thanks for indulging me, and happy hunting! :detecting:

del
10-04-2013, 05:10 AM
very nice :yes: bet ya the flower pendant had a small gemstone or cut glass in the middle that fell out . sometimes you can recover these in the same hole if your really paying attention. moisture will get underneath the stones and can freeze and push the stone right out of the settings .

congrats |:cheering:

aloldstuff
10-04-2013, 05:33 AM
I'm rooting for ya. That special find is just around the corner (about 6 down). Keep at it.

coinnut
10-04-2013, 09:32 PM
Can't wait to see the bottle cap collection ;) Your day will come for the good stuff. Once you get a better location, it will be like night and day.

OxShoeDrew
10-05-2013, 04:28 AM
:yes: What George said, your location will be the game changer. |:cheering: