PDA

View Full Version : Sat Cellar hole hunt with Todd* 1 copper & not much else lol

HEAVYMETALNUT
10-05-2013, 07:51 PM
Todd & I set out to some sites out of state but they were duds. wasted 4 hours there,then decided lets go back to last weeks site where we got all the coppers.2 hours later we arrived.3 hours till dark we had to hunt.
I got a lone toasty copper that someone attempted to hole.rang up in the 80's VDi at 7 1/2 inches.looks like it may be a KG III or a state copper? just enough of the shield is hanging on reverse to make me think either or. Dan can you confirm or deny? a few other odds n ends,a busted saddle shield,a glass and brass buggy reflector? and the bottle and jug mouth i dug during the week at a bottle dump.I hadda spruce up todays meager finds photo somehow :cheesysmile:
todd did a tad better than i did.least we didn't take the skunk ;)

Thiltzy
10-05-2013, 08:13 PM
Damn Dave, that copper is in ruff shape lol. Tomorrow is a new day thumbsup01 I WILL post my finds in a bit. My copper is a Connecticut for sure.

coinnut
10-05-2013, 08:27 PM
That will teach you to stay out of my state :pirate: lol Some days are just rough. But at least you got out to hunt.

HEAVYMETALNUT
10-05-2013, 08:37 PM
That will teach you to stay out of my state :pirate: lol Some days are just rough. But at least you got out to hunt.

we probably went by your house we drove through w.springfield and holyoke from those sites back to CT

HEAVYMETALNUT
10-05-2013, 08:43 PM
Damn Dave, that copper is in ruff shape lol. Tomorrow is a new day thumbsup01 I WILL post my finds in a bit. My copper is a Connecticut for sure.

yeah it's rough but i'm happy to see some kinda detail.least I have a general ida what it is.when they are blank that's the worst crying01

del
10-05-2013, 10:11 PM
the copper is a rough one but is either a George III or a Machin mills . I don't think theres a enough there to make either call. :dontknow: but it beats getting skunked.