PDA

View Full Version : My neighbors field(a field I never gave thought of checking !)

CTX Tom
10-06-2013, 06:34 PM
Hi all,
Once I got home from work(yeah on a Sunday!)I took the T2 for a 2 hour spin in my neighbors field.I was quite surprised to find quite a few goodies.First a toasted Indian head penny shows up,then I started to get some pretty neat buttons.I noticed a opening in the stone wall,so I drew a straight line and traveled it.The signals just started popping every 10 feet or so.My last signal was a 82-85 on the T2,so I was hoping for a large cent,but turned out to be my first cut coin!It is completely toasted,but I could tell by the soil color around it that is is copper.Im going to spend a few evenings this week after work there for sure! HH. Tom[attachimg=1][attachimg=2][attachimg=3][attachimg=4][attachimg=5]

del
10-06-2013, 06:49 PM
nice set of buttons Tom , got to be a cellar hole or house site close by .

HEAVYMETALNUT
10-06-2013, 07:03 PM
nice relics.like Dan said gotta be somethin close by

coinnut
10-06-2013, 07:31 PM
Hey Tom, are they all 2 piece or are some one piece buttons? Still some very old buttons. If you find them, you can also find large cents. Nothing better than doing a field. No digging issues and lots of room to roam thumbsup01

CTX Tom
10-06-2013, 07:45 PM
I'm pretty sure the one is a two piece button.The others were one piece.The next field over is where I found a couple 1/2 reales over the past couple seasons.

coinnut
10-06-2013, 08:08 PM
I'm pretty sure the one is a two piece button.The others were one piece.The next field over is where I found a couple 1/2 reales over the past couple seasons.

Yep, definitely in a good old area :loveit: Somewhere there is a spot that all those finds originate from. I'd be walking or looking at old maps for a cellar hole or a standing colonial home. Nice finds for sure.